Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

>> Boardstock for Japan - Sat. 23rd April - would you like to play/help organise? <<

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Virgo80

Has anybody got a reply re this?:confused:
    Are they still taking bands on for this event?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Yup, call for bands and CD tracks is still open, plenty of time for people to volunteer yet :)

Decisions will be announced on thread, hopefully by the end of next week.

Ok so,
    you've the link to BLACAM.
    Let us know what you think.
    We love a good cause!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Alesi27

Howdy?

I'm a singer/songwriter from Co. Wexford and I released a CD in 2004 to raise money for the Red Cross for victims of the Asian tsunami which devasted Thailand so I would love to be invovled with this if you think the music is what you require.
    You can find out more about me at www.myspace.com/brendankeanemusic
    You're more than welcome to use any of the songs on there,

cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Fantastic idea.

Just Ragin im overseas that week!! Would have loved to get on board.

Fair do's to the sponsors! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'll pop along and photograph the event if ye think that'll be useful :)

That'd be fantastic Jim:D

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

My band, The Riot Tapes, would happily donate a track!

Love to play, but think we can't. :(

Just let me know...

Cheers,
    Chris

Raffle news!!

As the gig is taking place on Easter Saturday - it is only right that chocolate is represented on the night...

And so, I am pleased to announce that the lovely Butler's Chocolates have agreed to donate a Large Easter Basket for the raffle :D

Check out their website www.butlerschocolates.com or pop into one of their many Chocolate Cafes throughout Dublin, Cork or Galway.

Thank you Butler's Chocolates :D

Raffle news #2!!

Michie Sushi - the supremely awesome little sushi place in Ranelagh - have generously donated to our raffle a voucher for a Party Set (for take away or eat in).

Check out www.michiesushi.com and next time you're out Ranelagh way, call in and try the sushi. You'll thank me. Then you'll thank them.

Thanks Michie Sushi :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Beastmen will gladly offer up one of our tunes, also up for playing...

http://beastmen.bandcamp.com/

***Major Raffle Prize Alert ***

Boardsie trackmixstudio has very generously offered a day in his studio as a raffle prize! Trackmix is a studio renowned in the rock and metal genres, with acts from all over the world counted amongst Michael's clients.

Musicians take note - come to the gig, buy some raffle tickets, win yourselves some studio time - all in aid of the Japanese Red Cross.

Thanks Michael, this really is a fantastic prize RockSmiley.gif

myspace.com/trackmixstudio
    facebook.com/trackmixstudio

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Wow! Awesome raffle prizes! Well done catho and huge thanks to those who donated!

Great to see so many bands willing to contribute.

April 23rd can't come fast enough!

any news on when the selected bands will be announced?
    thanks!

We'll make lineup decisions & announcements on Sunday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭niall1976

We'll donate 2 tickets to the Irwland v Scotland game in the Aviva on May 29 in addition to 5 x cases of beers for the raffle.

From the nice people at Molson Coors Brewing Company. Owners of Carling, Cobra and Blue Moon.

Cheers
    Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MrDocBeats

Would love to play at this, as it's a great cause, but heading into the studio, if it's any good we could offer up a track for the C.D. !
    http://soundcloud.com/search?q%5Bfulltext%5D=shove-shatter

Incidentially the Band Last Second Magic are fantastic..... :)

HeartShake wrote: »
    Hey there, my band, Last Second Magic, would love to be involved.

Were looking to do something anyway and would love to help in any way we can.

http://lastsecondmagic.bandcamp.com

niall1976 wrote: »
    We'll donate 2 tickets to the Irwland v Scotland game in the Aviva on May 29 in addition to 5 x cases of beers for the raffle.

From the nice people at Molson Coors Brewing Company. Owners of Carling, Cobra and Blue Moon.

Cheers
    Niall

You're an absolute legend Niall!

Thank you, and the nice people at Molson Coors!!!

More raffle news!!

Yamamori have generously donated a 100euro voucher for our raffle on the night!

Yamamori (or Yamayummi as I affectionally call it) have two restaurants in Dublin: Yamamori Sushi on Lower Ormond Quay and Yamamori Noodles on Georges Street. Both are superb.

In fact, Yamamori Noodles on George's Street is the perfect location for some pre-Boardstock noms, being just around the corner from the Mercantile.

Thank you Yamamori :D

www.yamamorinoodles.ie
    www.yamamorisushi.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 adamokeefe

Would love to be a part of this.

thehangedman.bandcamp.com
    thehangedman.org

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Scoual

Hi,
    i'm from Armchair Coyote, unfortunately we can't play at the gig, but as we are heading in the studios this week end, we'll be happy to donate a track from the session if it is any good!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Armchair-Coyote/110659505676702
    there are a few youtube videos from our past gig, but the sound isn't great!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=armchair+coyote+dublin&aq=f

Cheers
    Pascal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Locked Messed Monster

How do I like this? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

You like it lots?

***Major Raffle Prize Alert***

Another day in a studio has been very generously donated to the raffle by fellow boardsie Bluebirdstudios!!

Bluebird Studios in Straffan, Co. Kildare has established itself in the area of quality live recording with fantastic facilities: it has 4 isolated rooms, racks of really swanky outboard, and a large format recording console that's perfect for tracking a whole band live and for fully analogue mixing.

Thank you Declan :D

www.bluebirdstudios.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭chuchyface

Hello,

On behalf of the Castle Hotel in Dublin, I would like to donate a prize to your raffle for this worthy cause - 2 nights accommodation for 2 people (bed and breakfast) and 1 evening meal, for any weekend in 2011. (subject to availability of course).

The hotel has a good Irish music session on weekends so hopefully that should go down well with the winner .

You can find the hotel here - www.castle-hotel.ie.

If someone could get in touch with me with an address where I can send the voucher I would appreciate it.

Good luck with your efforts

People are great! :)

Thanks a million chuchyface and the Castle Hotel!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

we'd love to play - unfortunately we've no recording suitable for the CD. Heres a link to a live gig - the band is Broken String Company

http://musicfrombands.com/brokenstringcompany/tavern/

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

WE would love to be involved in this. Band is called DeXtra and if there is any space we would love to be involved.

Cheers!

Dec.

Edit: Also, even if there is no space at the gig, we would love to put forward our track "Nation" for the CD (which you can find on our facebook page above or HERE. Song should be fitting as it is about not giving up on your country in bad times and battling to make it right again. Cheers :)

• Advertisement

Thank you to all who volunteered, it's gonna be a cracker :D

Boardstock for Japan Line-up - 23rd April - Mercantile
    30 minute slots

Susie Soho

Hamlet Sweeney

Time is a Thief

Nugget

Beastmen

Boardstock for Japan CD:

Above, plus....

The Riot Tapes

Peaks

I Phoenix

Mola

Entheos

ASAP, can each act send me a pm with a link to a 24bit 44k WAV file of the track they're submitting for the CD with the accompanying ISRC code (if you have one). I will also need written permission from the owner of the copyright of the recording, stating that they allow the recording to be used for this purpose.

Advertisement