Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Replacement Card Charge

Options
  • 23-03-2011 4:48pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So last week I ordered from a company online with my Laser and became very concerned that my details had been compromised based on numerous reports on boards other forums and news sites of details provioded to the company being compromised.

If it was my credit card I woudn't have been too worried but as I used my Laser and I hear its a pain ion the arse to get money back if its taken as fraud I called BOI and explained the situation and asked them to cancel and reissue my card.

This evening I see they've charged 5.90e for a new card yet I wasn't advised of this, whats the situation?

I'm having a hard time finding anything on the website and they never advised me of any charge when I called them.

I'd understand such a charge if I was taking the piss but I've never asked BOI to re-issue a card to me before and I don't believe the circumstances were unreasonable

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

I broke my card about 2 weeks ago and when i went to get a new one i was told that there would be a charge of 5.90 for a new one. They havent taken it out yet but im sure they will as i have recieved the new card and used it. They really should have told you they were going to charge you for it. Have you spoken to anyone about it yet?

edit: I also had never requested one from them before but at least i was told that i was going to be charged for it. I suppose they have to cover the costs and the p+p but 5.90 seems a bit much.

Advertisement