Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blood donation time?

Options
  • 23-03-2011 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi, anyone know if I could be in and out in an hour at 12.00 tommorrow, have a blood transfusion card so will skip the signing queue ... anyone do it in that time ?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I doubt you will tbh, even people with cards have to queue initially then you skip the next step. The nurse yesterday said they were averaging a 1.5 to 2 hr wait regardless of being an existing donor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

if your waiting outside since half eleven maybe....somehow i doubt you'll be less than an hour..i went on the tuesday last year and was out in an hour..my housemate went in the thursday and was there 5 hrs..missing out by two weeks this time round:o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If you only have an hour, as the lads said, being there earlier than 12 would be a good idea. And mention to someone as you arrive that you only have an hour or you can't stay. They might be able to shuffle you up the queue.

They're also taking donations next month (evenings of April 27 and 28) in Kilmurry Lodge so if you don't have enough time tomorrow, there's always then.

I don't know why you have a transfusion card and it's none of my business but if you've been given a transfusion in Ireland since 1980 or if you've ever been given a transfusion outside Ireland, you won't be allowed to give blood (see here). If it's a regular giving blood card, then you'll be stuck with signing in at the first desk like anyone else (though at least you won't have to fill out the form). I have a giving blood card somewhere but I never remember to bring it - they just check my name and address on the computer. Still worth telling them you only have an hour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Pablo_

ok thanks, i'll wait until next month, have 11 lecture so wouldn't be able to go early today

Advertisement