Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

careing

Options
  • 23-03-2011 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭

Has this happed to anyone here...as soon as your children grow up and become independent your parents start to need some sort of care therefore ( mostly for women ) you never escaper caring responsibilities.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Well in my case I dont live near my mother but she is now looked after by my two brothers , one who lives with her and I phone her at home at least once a week for the chat .

I do understand that looking after older parents can and does often fall on people who have just turned the corner themselfs with raising their own children and it has in many situations , it's strains and burdens as much as it's joys .

But my brother , who looks like he's heading for bachelorhood ( his choice ) is happy with the situation of looking after mother although if I'm being honest , with juggling a full time job, there can be days when it must get a bit much for him but he know's other members of the family are there for him if needed .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

mariaalice wrote: »
    Has this happed to anyone here...as soon as your children grow up and become independent your parents start to need some sort of care therefore ( mostly for women ) you never escaper caring responsibilities.
    And then come the grandchildren. :rolleyes:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

mariaalice wrote: »

Some people have to start caring at a young age and don't get the chance to meet a partner and have kids of their own :mad:

Advertisement