Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Search traffic metrics

Options
  • 23-03-2011 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

Can I get metrics on search terms by region? For example, would I be able to get metrics for how many people searched for "hot dogs" in Ireland in the last year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Evil Phil wrote: »
    Can I get metrics on search terms by region? For example, would I be able to get metrics for how many people searched for "hot dogs" in Ireland in the last year?

Google Trends and Insights for Search.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

The google keyword tool will give you your answers (5400 last month!!)

You have to either search that phrase to go through your google account to get at the data.

Once there you will see a box - "Word or phrase (one per line)" key in your keywords. Click on "advanced options" and restrict your search to Ireland (that's the .ie search).

It will also give you plenty of similar search phrases and their volumes. You also have another option of downloading that data to a csv file and looking at how the volumes did each month in the past 12 - giving you an insight into month/volume.

For (a toyful!) example; the word "Santa" (or a phrase containing 'santa') is searched on average 164,000 times per month on google.ie.
    Strangely, it hits a low in June with 74,000 searches (surprisingly high me thinks!) but peaks in December with 673,000 monthly searches.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Thanks Folks, Trends and Insight didn't have enough data on my keyword (!) but the keyword tool gave me loads.

Advertisement