Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could wipe one game from your memory what would it be?

Options
  • 23-03-2011 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

So what game would you clear from your memory so that it was fresh and brand new to you? Mine would have to be ocarina of time........starting to think alzheimer's aint so bad :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Assassins Creed... The whole lot of them.. Wish they where never invented tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

hmmmm yeah i guess if a game was so bad that you'd have it wiped but what game would you wipe so its as if you never played it...a game you loved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Portal. When I got to the end of that game I was so sad that I'd never get to play it for the first time again.
    Such a good game ending! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,788 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Devil May Cry 2. Almost ruined the franchise and it was only the second game. Just so terrible. Everything about it was wrong. Dante's coat looked like it had a support bra built in. The characters were uninteresting. The story was absolutely crap. The enemies were poorly designed and boring. The weapons were unimaginative and basic clones of each other. The gameplay had no variation. The difficulty was dumbed down beyond belief. The levels were bland and uninteresting.

Basically, they took everything that was good about the first one and removed it. Such a ****ing awful game. Never been more disappointed by a game in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Shadow of the Colossus or Uncharted 2, both amazing first time playthrough games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Assassins Creed... The whole lot of them.. Wish they where never invented tbh..

Wow. Really?

I could almost agree about the first one. But AC 2 and Brotherhood are exceptional games in my opinion. I think I would put them up their as a couple of the very best this generation.

Wow. Really?

I could almost agree about the first one. But AC 2 and Brotherhood are exceptional games in my opinion. I think I would put them up their as a couple of the very best this generation.

I'd agree. AC1 was okay, but wasn't great, and was a bit of a letdown. The last two games though, I've put more hours into them than any Call of Duty or stuff like that. Phenomenal games in my opinion. AC2 is definitely in my top 10 games of all time, and Brotherhood wouldn't be too far out of it either

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

The first resident evil what an awsome game and final fantasy 7 of course they just dont make games like that anymore, well they do but ya know what I mean lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Didnt someone do this exact same thread a few weeks ago ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Magill wrote: »
    Didnt someone do this exact same thread a few weeks ago ?
    yup, was thinking same thing. oh well....

fallout 2 or bioshock 1, becouse i loves them sooooooooooooooooo much.

Spore, as i was stupid enought to buy it, and i hates it soooooooooooooooo much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Deus Ex 2, but for a very different reason than you imply in your OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

GTA:SA for me just so I could play it like it was the first time again and exploring everywhere while getting lost. Still to this day I know all the maps for 3, VC and SA like the back of my hand, sad I know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

People have the thread objective terribly confused. I think the aim is wipe a game and play it again as if it was the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

vampire the masquerade bloodlines

would love to play that game like it was new

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Master of Orion III, 1 and 2 were amazing then this monstrosity came along and ruined the best series of 4x games ever

Metal Gear Solid 3. The most perfect game I have ever played. I loved MGS1. I loved MGS2 (probably a little bit less than MGS1 though). But MGS3 is the best game I have ever played, and I'd love to be able to experience it for the first time again.

Everything from the story, the characters, the suspenseful gameplay, the interactivity (destroying the enemies food shelter and hearing them complain how hungry they are later), the boss fights (the sniper battle against The End is the best hour of gaming I have ever experienced), everything about the game hit exactly the right note for me. And while there are games (Uncharted 2 especially) which have come close, I feel there is nothing that will ever match or exceed how I felt playing that game, and I'd ****ing love to be able to play it for the first time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Have to agree with you on that one Barrington. Loved every moment of MGS3. I was just thinking how much i loved Resident Evil 4, some of the best set pieces in any game ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Skies of Arcadia, loved the story so much.

If we're talking games that were absolute s**t that you'd rather have erased from memory than Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Call of duty4. None of the other Cod's could light a candle to this one. And to wipe it from memory and play all over again, yes please :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

red dead redemption. it was something different and the first real and true wild west cowboy game. beautiful scenery and design and excellent characters and story.
    if anyone can remember the song when you first arrive in mexico its just so emotional and awesome.

id love to wipe my head clean and play it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Deus Ex

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Timesplitters.

One of my favourite games to grace my PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

Dermighty wrote: »
    Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic.

Definitely KOTOR. Just to relive that moment when
    you find out the twist three quarters way through that you are actually Revan.

When I first experienced that my mind was blown and will always want to do that again without knowing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭peterk675

Heavy rain , wow that game was amazing .
    Finished it a few days back and could not belive who the killer was :eek:
    I wish i could go back not knowing anything .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 GracieK17

The worst game i've played has to be infamous, really dissapointed with it, would love to have that wiped from my memory! haha

But to wipe a game from my memory in order to play it again would have to be Heavy Rain!! When you get the best ending first time playing it, it kinda ruins it when you play again and more people die haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

System Shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Ecco the Dolphin, possibly the worst game ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

joshrogan wrote: »
    Ecco the Dolphin, possibly the worst game ever.

Dude, read the first post. :)

For me it would be Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Hands down, the best Zelda game. Really long, great graphics, great music, great design, great dungeons, great bosses.

Close second would be Super Mario World, my favourite 2D Mario game.

Advertisement