Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Leopard in Malahide

• 23-03-2011 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

There's a few signs around Malahide of a Leopard Cat missing. Seen signs in Malahide Train Station and Seabury

Reward is 1000 euro :D

Thought I'd mention it
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Hope someone spots it soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

I saw this driving on the Swords Road yesterday, didn't see the sign properly but did a double take....what's it all about? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

It's an Asian Leopard Cat, not a Leopard :D

They're small wild cats, they breed them with domestic cats to make Bengals right?

I hope it's found soon . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

All yer gonna hear around Malahide tonight is 'Here Pussy Pussy Pussy' in a Ballymun accent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭Homer

As far as I know it is from <SNIP> premises located along the estuary in Malahide. Was there a few months ago and saw the cat in question. Stunning animal and is used for breeding to produce the Bengal kittens which fetch around €700 so hence the reward!
    Hope it turns up safe and sound. It's not really a domestic animal so will be hard for anyone to catch.

(BOARDS.IE EDIT: Address snipped for privacy concerns)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Smeefa

Ah jaysus they'll have some job tryna find that cat if it gets into Malahide castle grounds.. Hope they do catch it

• Registered Users Posts: 26 prinou

Hi guys
    She is our joy and pride. We are devastated. If you see her don't try to catch her, she would just run away, and she can run fast ! move slowly and don't go towards her, throw a piece of meat, with a preference for raw chicken near where she is and call us : <snip>
    She is the only Specimen in Ireland. We got her in the U.K. She lives with us in the house and follows me everywhere. she has been bottle fed every two hours as a baby.
    she escape while we were in holidays and I came back as soon as I heard she was missing. We miss her terribly and are very very sad, there has been rivers of tears here. We have been looking for her until crazy hours of the night every days. we keep putting posters. She has been seen last sunday in (sorry for the spelling... ) Beriva, beside airside.
    Correct Sophie !
    you can see a video of her here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyqEBXrt8IQ

Thank you so much all for your help and concern. It means a lot to us. Will trow a party when we find her !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

She's so beautiful, and looks really happy and I really hope she turns up soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

That video is very helpful in getting a look at her. I live in the area and posted it on my facebook in hope someone will see her

Keep us posted when she turns up prinou
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

Wow she is gorgeous! I really hope you find her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

God I'm sorry to hear that. I've seen these posters around Malahide. I honestly didn't think they were serious, I feel bad now for laughing at them, I just thought it was someone trying to be funny :( But I just saw them from afar so didn't read the full details. I hope she turns up soon. Talk to Billy at the Vets in Malahide if you haven't already done so too. Best of luck!

Clare Bear wrote: »
    God I'm sorry to hear that. I've seen these posters around Malahide. I honestly didn't think they were serious, I feel bad now for laughing at them, I just thought it was someone trying to be funny :( I hope she turns up soon. Talk to Billy at the Vets in Malahide if you haven't already done so too. Best of luck!

Not seen any posters as been working the last few nights, will keep an eye out though as off from Friday and will be out quite a bit wit Brodi

Didn't the owner say last spotted up by Airside?

scudzilla wrote: »
    Not seen any posters as been working the last few nights, will keep an eye out though as off from Friday and will be out quite a bit wit Brodi

Didn't the owner say last spotted up by Airside?

Yes that's right, I would be so so grateful if you had a look all around the fields between airside and the airport.
    To all of you, thank you so much.
    PS : we got an article in the daily star today and what Kevin said we paid for her is rubbish slender... I refused to answer that question as i don't see the relevance (do people ask how much you paid for your missing adopted child for the adoption process ???) so he must have rang a breeder who was trying to get rid of him as they wouldn't sell to anybody they don't know. IT is a life. Not an object.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tesslab

prinou I hope you get your cat back. Have you put it in the local papers too? Maybe the northside people or metro?

Yep The northside people and north county leader but they will be out only next tuesday :/

Clare Bear wrote: »
    God I'm sorry to hear that. I've seen these posters around Malahide. I honestly didn't think they were serious, I feel bad now for laughing at them, I just thought it was someone trying to be funny :( But I just saw them from afar so didn't read the full details. I hope she turns up soon. Talk to Billy at the Vets in Malahide if you haven't already done so too. Best of luck!

Don't worry I had an elderly lady calling me to say Elektra was on the top decker of the 42 Bus ! She was pretty embarrassed when she realised it wasn't a joke ...

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Have you thought about contacting Robert, the pet detective? It might be worth a try, he's very good.

http://www.happytailsdetective.com/index.php

Hope you get Elektra back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Smeefa

I posted the link on facebook, a lot of people thought it was a joke but they'll keep an eye out for her. Most of my contacts are from Malahide... Hopefully someone will see her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

cotton wrote: »
    Have you thought about contacting Robert, the pet detective? It might be worth a try, he's very good.

http://www.happytailsdetective.com/index.php

Hope you get Elektra back soon.

Oh yes, I've heard this man is amazing! Might be worth looking in to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

Prinou is on Derek Mooney at the moment
    Hope that helps in your search and you get her back soon safe and well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

Prinou will you put in a post here when you do find her, just to put all our minds at ease.
    Hopefully it will be really soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Oh no!
    I saw the sign today in Swords (driving past) and thought it was a joke. Poor puss, I really hope you find her. Will keep an eye out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I drove past a poster today on the Swords Road, maybe I'm blind but is it a drawing you have on the poster? If it is change it to a photo, everyone seems to think it's a joke.

Sorry if it actually is a photo on there, I couldn't see it properly.

Any word at all on her? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Post it up on Irish cats, you never know.
    Also some other animal forums like pets ireland and irish animals, you might find some people out at that area.
    really wishing you all the luck in the world in finding your gorgeous girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Iceman aka Bobby Drake

I was walking my dog on friday.. and like the others taught it was a joke when i saw the poster! lol wasnt until saturday night when i was walking out my door and the thing was in my garden! haha! taught it was a dog til i got alil closer.. Mad! hope you find her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

Did you contact the owner to let her know? Was that last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Iceman aka Bobby Drake

Ahhhhh nope! It darted off as i got closer to her... so i wouldnt really have been much help to them! Should i have?

prinou wrote: »
    Hi guys
    She is our joy and pride. We are devastated. If you see her don't try to catch her, she would just run away, and she can run fast ! move slowly and don't go towards her, throw a piece of meat, with a preference for raw chicken near where she is and call us : 01 8957554.
    She is the only Specimen in Ireland. We got her in the U.K. She lives with us in the house and follows me everywhere. she has been bottle fed every two hours as a baby.
    she escape while we were in holidays and I came back as soon as I heard she was missing. We miss her terribly and are very very sad, there has been rivers of tears here. We have been looking for her until crazy hours of the night every days. we keep putting posters. She has been seen last sunday in (sorry for the spelling... ) Beriva, beside airside.
    Correct Sophie !
    you can see a video of her here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyqEBXrt8IQ

Thank you so much all for your help and concern. It means a lot to us. Will trow a party when we find her !
    Ahhhhh nope! It darted off as i got closer to her... so i wouldnt really have been much help to them! Should i have?

Definately, for 2 reasons

1. They know the cat's still alive

2. They know what sort of area to concentrate the search

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

Defo ring her now.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Wow stunning looking cat, really hope you find her soon. Im on the wrong side of the country but Iv just told the only person I know living in Dublin to keep an eye out for her.

Fingers crossed she comes home soon.

Advertisement