Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Leopard in Malahide

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭thebullkf

scudzilla wrote: »
    All yer gonna hear around Malahide tonight is 'Here Pussy Pussy Pussy' in a Ballymun accent

nice generalisation there scud.:rolleyes:

@ pet owner, hope you get it back:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 prinou

Hi Everybody and thank you all for your devoted efforts.

We cannot believe the number of phone calls we had and how nice and concern people have been.
    We have been very busy looking for her. she is still missing and we didn't have any really decisive sightings that can definitely identify her. The cats we found that people call us about weren't Elektra.

The cat on the M1 near Swords/Balbriggan petrol station wasn't our one, RIP. We had so many phone calls we decided to go back and remove the body to avoid accidents with people stopping on the emergency lane. It is a grey girl with black spots and stripes, lighter color on her tummy with no definite edges. we are looking for the owner. We have kept her.If you know something, contact us.

Elektra is very contrasted. She is yellow/light brown color and jet black.
    If you see her :
    A - Take a picture
    B - display a bit of raw meat (she will run away but it doesn't matter)
    C - Leave the scene and call us.

Iceman, where did you see her ? when was it ?

Again thank you so much all of you :)

Perrine x

PS : my number :<snip>

I forgot !

Many people thought it was a joke but we don't know how to do better : If we don't mention "leopard cat" we get loads of call of sighting of tabbies and than we can not manage to go to all the sightings. We want to emphasize that she looks very different from a domestic. If you saw her you would have zero hesitation, trust me. We gave it a good thought and as Iceman says, it doesn't matter if people think it is a joke because they would realize it is not when they see her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Maybe put Asian Leopard cat on the posters rather than just leopard cat. I think some people are thinking it's an actual leopard, and so aren't taking it seriously.

Will keep an eye out in Swords. Seems everyone is talking about this. I was just checking online to see if it was the breeder of our bengal that lost their Leopard cat. Turns out it is! Really hope you find her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

Maybe write a short description like, Asian Leopard Cat, a small wild cat . . . etc. so people realise what it is.

Hope you get her back soon

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭almae

oh i hope you find her soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Wow shes beautiful. My heart goes out to you....i hope ye find her!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 centrevet

Spend a lot of time in the area walking our dog so I will keep an eye out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,903 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Ideally you need a camera linked to a PIR movement detector. The photography boards here may be able to help. Then if you get any reports or evidence you can leave food & see what animal takes it.

You might even be able to use a webcam linked to your mobile. I would also keep a very close eye on online adverts such as donedeal - she may of been taken or taken after escaping.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

fingers crossed for you. she's absolutely beautiful, i work at the back of the airport so will keep an eye on my drive into work

Discodog wrote: »
    Ideally you need a camera linked to a PIR movement detector. The photography boards here may be able to help. Then if you get any reports or evidence you can leave food & see what animal takes it.

You might even be able to use a webcam linked to your mobile. I would also keep a very close eye on online adverts such as donedeal - she may of been taken or taken after escaping.

We found 3 days ago one of those camera in Lidl. It was the last one so if somebody knows in which lidl we can find more, tell me ! We set it up and it is going to be on tonight for the second time. It worked well last night but blown off this morning with the wind !
    But she didn't come.
    I wish we knew where to look. This location we put it in is a bit of a chance. It very distressing that we didn't manage to get a sighting that we are 100% sure it is her.
    return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Hi Prinou,

Just texted you, that a friend saw what he thought was a massive cat or Badger on Sonesta green, it ran into the bushes, on the Texas lane side of Sonesta green, and beside the house at the corner.

I was telling my mother about it. She told me about the signs she saw, and i googled it. Here is the result..

Hope it's her.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭almae

any update.

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

I know this is quite an old thread, but just wondering if the cat was ever found? I think about her from time to time. Hope it had a happy outcome.

no she was never found Amber .

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

I'm sorry to hear that Prinou, I hope you haven't given up.

Hi everybody….

Sorry to bother you again with this story … I just want to say we never found Elektra, our little Asian Leopard Cat, but I still think of her very often and she left a large emptiness in our heart.
    She is over two year missing but I believe someone must have fallen in love with her and adopted her. She was last seen in Baroimhe, across airside in Swords. She is no bigger than a normal cat but looks very distinctive. he is microchipped.
    Reward for information.
    Thanks for your help.

picture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

prinou wrote: »
    picture

Beautiful cat. I'm very sorry to hear you never found her - I remember seeing your signs ( and HUge reward) and looking out for her while walking. Have you considered putting signs up again -and saying you lost her 2 years ago & are still looking ... Someone might remember their neighbour finding & rescuing a pet.

Very sorry to hear your pet is still lost.

Myself and the other half always kept an eye out for you as we are always around that area. There is always hope. Cats are survivalists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

picture

That is probably the most beautiful cat I've ever seen! I really hope she finds her way home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Would he be able to survive on his own in the wild for this long?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

picture

Wow, she's beautiful!

Advertisement