Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Entry

• 23-03-2011 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

Looking into doing Maths again. Was thinking of starting to study now. Just parts A and B on all the questions, I really just need a pass at OL. Word has it the maths course is after getting harder for next year?

Anyone think it can be done? 1 Subject in that short of time?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ex&sc=ef

Applications will not be accepted from 1st March 2011 other than in very exceptional circumstances and on payment of a late fee of €49.00 per subject in addition to the normal fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

pathway33 wrote: »
    http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ex&sc=ef

Applications will not be accepted from 1st March 2011 other than in very exceptional circumstances and on payment of a late fee of €49.00 per subject in addition to the normal fee.

It will cost me about 160€ . It's not an issue. Just is it achievable or am I totally nuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 StarCollision

Yeah, I'd think it would be, alot of the methods are in the log book they give you in the exam, buy a revise wise and see how you go. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

When you say you want to do it again, when did you last do it and at what level?

What are you doing now? (working, college etc)

It depends on how much you already know as well how much free time you have.

Focus on at least 3 questions on each paper really well and then get a good grounding on another 3-4 questions per paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

When you say you want to do it again, when did you last do it and at what level?

What are you doing now? (working, college etc)

It depends on how much you already know as well how much free time you have.

Focus on at least 3 questions on each paper really well and then get a good grounding on another 3-4 questions per paper.

2007 at OL.

I was at a repeat class last year, but with work and college it was too much. I know a bit more so alot on paper 1 not much on paper 2.

Working at the moment still but would have alot of free time for study?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

msg11 wrote: »
    2007 at OL.

I was at a repeat class last year, but with work and college it was too much. I know a bit more so alot on paper 1 not much on paper 2.

Working at the moment still but would have alot of free time for study?

I'd say it's achievable if you put in a good 2 hours almost every day. I'd use this book for study and then do exam questions after each section. I have it for higher and it is very good so I'll assume the ordinary level one is just as good.

Advertisement