Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Loans

Options
  • 23-03-2011 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

So I started saving a few bob the past couple of months

1. I need a car as my old one died
    2. I booked my family our first holiday

So the credit union told me they give out X4 the amount you have saved. This is if you have a regular saving pattern or are a long standing member.

I am a member for years but only ever save when I need it for something particular. Generally I don't even have spare money to save. However this year due to an extra job I took on I had some.

So for the past few months I have put a bit aside. I am really banking on the loan. They will be looking for bank statements. My bills generally get paid, there may be the odd late one and I have a small Overdraft facility and to be honest I am usually in OD. I did ask them would this reflect badly on me at the time I inquired and they said if I had missed payments/unpaid then that would go against me but other than that they are quiet forgiving.

I am now worrying. I had to take some time off the project/job I was doing due to illness and have no differed it until I get surgery this summer. So my funds are down again and I will no longer be able to save. So the balance is about 800 short of what I wanted. 800x4 3200= :( Anyhow it just means I will have to budget better. Probably better for me in the long run to have the smaller loan.

At the mo they offer car loans of 10,000 for 45 a month
    My hopeful Loan wont be that much so I am thinking I can also cut the repayments too. But I am still worried if they say no, then I will have to go without the car another few months.

Do you know of any reasons why or how many loans get turned down?

Advertisement