Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying texts from The Button Factory and Tripod

• 23-03-2011 6:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hey wondering if anyone else has this problem. I'm on o2 and I get texts from these places about every two days and its really getting annoying. I never gave them my number and I have no intention of ever going to them.

Now before people say just use o2's BLOCK IT service its not that simple these texts are sent without a number attached so I can't even text back STOP and hope for the best!!!:rolleyes:

Does anybody know how to block them? Or is it even possible without kicking down their door? confused.gifconfused.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

give o2 customer care a ring and see if they can trace what number it is that are charging you and then texting either STOP or UNSUB should do the job for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

check out:
    www.phonesmart.ie
    Report the company to comreg (phonesmart.ie's operator)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭Chefburns

dmn wrote: »
    give o2 customer care a ring and see if they can trace what number it is that are charging you and then texting either STOP or UNSUB should do the job for you.

they aren't charging me just annoying the s**t out of me!!:rolleyes:

cookie1977 wrote: »
    check out:
    www.phonesmart.ie
    Report the company to comreg (phonesmart.ie's operator)

thanks will try that if o2 can't help!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭xtal191

I get these texts too, very annoying.

• Advertisement

Just off the phone with o2 turns out they are completely phantom texts. They don't show up in any form of call records. o2 said to ring comreg (communications regulator) or report the offending companies on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Chefburns wrote: »
    Just off the phone with o2 turns out they are completely phantom texts. They don't show up in any form of call records. o2 said to ring comreg (communications regulator) or report the offending companies on their website.

Whats the exact text of the message? Do you receive any sort of website identifier or shortcode at the end of it?

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Whats the exact text of the message? Do you receive any sort of website identifier or shortcode at the end of it?

Nope no code at all the exact text is "THE CORONAS PLAY MUZIK @ THE BUTTON FACTORY THIS THURSDAY 24TH MARCH. DOORS @10PM & CORONAS ON STAGE AT MIDNIGHT. TKTS JUST 10e FROM TICKETS.IE & AT THE DOOR."

Obviously it changes from week to week but that was the most recent one I received.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Just contact the button factory and ask them to remove your number from their system. If they dont stop within 48hrs complain directly to comreg about them.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Just contact the button factory and ask them to remove your number from their system. If they dont stop within 48hrs complain directly to comreg about them.

Well its actually illegal for them to have these advertisement texts without a STOP reply function or a website to unsubscribe so even if I do that they are still in breach comreg's standards.

• Advertisement

Nope no code at all the exact text is "THE CORONAS PLAY MUZIK @ THE BUTTON FACTORY THIS THURSDAY 24TH MARCH. DOORS @10PM & CORONAS ON STAGE AT MIDNIGHT. TKTS JUST 10e FROM TICKETS.IE & AT THE DOOR."

Obviously it changes from week to week but that was the most recent one I received.

That's strange there is nothign at all with it...

here is their details:

01 8814038

buttonfactoryenquiries@gmail.com

Ask them who hosts their text mailing list and take it from there.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    That's strange there is nothign at all with it...

here is their details:

01 8814038

buttonfactoryenquiries@gmail.com

Ask them who hosts their text mailing list and take it from there.

I'll do that later thanks!

I'll do that later thanks!

No bother let me know what happens

Advertisement