Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ Burgers

Options
  • 23-03-2011 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Does mince need to be freshly minced on the spot to cook burger rare / medium rare?
    Say if I was to make up burgers this evening and cook them tomorrow on a BBQ would I need to make sure they are cooked all the way through? ie no pink?

Normally I'd just eat it pink in the middle because it tastes awesome... but I know I have a fairly strong stomach, I don't want to end up poisoning anyone lol.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I would say yes, but there is mixed opinions on it. E-coli lives on the surface of meat, so by sealing it on the outside you kill the E-coli, however when you mince steak it distributes the bacteria throughout the mince. So the sooner you cook after mincing the better. Hope this helps. :)

Advertisement