Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TESCO

Options
  • 23-03-2011 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know why TESCO in Letterkenny has reduced the choice of brands and good quality products? It is really difficult to get anything out of the ordinary any more as they are favouring low grade products. There is hardly any choice for non Irish cheeses either. Where is the best place to go to get nice things? (apart from Marks & Spencer)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Have you tried aldi? a lot of their stuff is really quite good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

I am afraid that I don't have the patience for Aldi or Lidl. They never have enough staff and the queues are really long. Also, they tend to have lots of frozen food and I would rather buy fresh produce. I know that they are great for things like olive oil etc.

It looks like I am going to have to go all the way to 'Derry...

Is there a Waitrose in Derry these days? Maybe that would be more your scene

Got to love Waitrose. Wouldn't it be fantastic?

annascott wrote: »
    Got to love Waitrose. Wouldn't it be fantastic?

They have a grand selection of booze and other somewhat unusual products that are hard enough to find elsewhere. Not nearly as overpriced as they were before the recession either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

No Waitrose in Derry, as of yet.

Think it would have to be Marks if you are looking to buy 'fancy' items. They are dear, but their food is top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

what about dunnes ?

as far as cheeses is there a farmers market with a cheese stall that would be your best bet. although the donegal town market seems to have lost its 2 cheese stalls.

i was last in tesco about 2 years ago and struggled to do my shop great if you want their really cheap ranges, really lazt store you just get lines and lines of the same product very little choice.

Love Marks & Spencer but they are too small. Tesco used to be ok before they dummed down a couple of years ago. Does anyone know if there are any decent shops in Omagh? Sainsbury perhaps? Also, from Donegal Town, which is the closest - 'Derry or Omagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭smugchik

Did someone say Dunnes? They have got to be the worst of the lot. Only stocking "Oirish" produce does not provide much choice.

I must agree with you there. I have never been a fan of Dunnes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭weeginger

From donegal town i'd probably lean towards ASDA in enniskillen or omagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

Go over the border, soooooo much cheaper and sell thing the dont sell in the republic.

Advertisement