Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reception issue

• 23-03-2011 7:58pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am after putting up a new shelf in the house just for a small mini hi fi.It went well despite my lack of DIY skills,but for some reason the radio will not pick up a lot of stations most notably Newstalk.It has a little wire aerial sticking out the back but that does not seem to be doing much.

Any suggestion on how I can get more stations..?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Having similar problems except its with Today FM. Considering it's a sister station of Newstalk I would of assumed they are using the same masts?

Sent them a polite mail informing them of the issue and not even an acknowledgment back. It annoys the pants off me as I would quite like to listen to Matt Cooper but am stuck with RTE 1 instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

FM reception will depend on your location and even moving a meter can make a difference.

I would suggest you lengthen your aerial.

Also check your settings on your receiver. Some will scan for stations of a certain signal strength. You may need to toggle this on/off. Also check your RDS settings if your radio has it.

AFAIK, Today FM comes from the RTE NL mast and Newstalk comes from the Rock Solid mast (with 98, Spin, Phantom, DCAL, R Na Life, Sunshine, Nova etc) both they are both on Three Rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Today FM is on the Foothold mast which is further down the mountain so reception will not be as good in certain areas.

Advertisement