Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to get 3G when in London for the weekend?

Options
  • 23-03-2011 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

I'm on Meteor billpay with a Sammy Galaxy but website says over a tenner per mb when roaming to the UK, that's bloody steep this day and age!

The vodafone payg passport/live/360/add looks a good option: get a payg data sim, set up for roaming, 2 quid + daily cost. Other than that any gotcha's?

I tried a O2 uk prepay 3G sim when I was last in the uk but it wouldn't connect to the 3G network, all the APN's seemed right and good and much like that time I'm more interested in drinkies and shows than troubleshooting so unless there's a 'do X and your sorted' somebody could suggest I don't think I'll bother again.

And I've just realised that I'm actually picking up a Orange San Francisco phone for somebody while I'm there, maybe just put it through some upfront user acceptance testing and leave my own safe in the hotel?

Any advice or suggestions?

Ta mucho!

Chadster

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

in london recently. no issues on vodafone prepay. 2.99 euro for 50meg/day. just make sure you dont go over the 50meg or your credit will rapidly disappear. make sure you use live.vodafone.com apn also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

3Ireland 3pay sim? 500 mb for €4.99, no roaming charges as long as your connected to 3UK

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Walkman wrote: »
    3Ireland 3pay sim? 500 mb for €4.99, no roaming charges as long as your connected to 3UK

Yep, was about to recommend that myself!

There are no real cons to it, are there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Lebara sim 10mb free a day

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Chad_Fantastics

Couldn't get to a three shop so went with vodafone, proved to be most useful for avoiding riots and usefully they seem good value for my Portugal trip.

Used 18mb over two days, meteor would have charged me the guts of 200 quid for that privilege so big thanks to the posters for the advice!!!!!!

C.

• Advertisement
Advertisement