Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Gsm digi-dialer

Options
  • 23-03-2011 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi,

I need to find out more info on a gsm dialer for a hkc system, wats involved and what dollars are we looking at? I've put in my own alarm but never dealt with the gsm dialer, do i need a sim? there is no landline in the property, is there anywhere in the Kilkenny/Carlow area that supplies them?

Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

HKC GSM digi is about €320 upwards , depending on where you go.
    They are good for self monitoring & it also allows remote control of the panel via text commands.
    Be aware that they can be easily jammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭biffontour

It's only for a small shed and the person is renting the shed but wants to make it a bit more secure and lives 3 mile from it, Know any Suppliers?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

biffontour wrote: »
    Hi,

I need to find out more info on a gsm dialer for a hkc system, wats involved and what dollars are we looking at? I've put in my own alarm but never dealt with the gsm dialer, do i need a sim? there is no landline in the property, is there anywhere in the Kilkenny/Carlow area that supplies them?

Any help would be much appreciated

Very easy to install. All you need is a six core cable going from the panel to the HKC GSM-P. Two for the power and 4 for the cards that connect to the panel and GSM. If you need a installer guide before you buy send me a P.M. and I will send one on to you. The sim can be ready to go or bill pay, a ready to go sim registered on line so you can top it up and check the credit will work out cheaper. Just check which sim will give you the best signal before you install the GSM. The GSM can also be used to control lights and your heating once set up for the home automation.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭biffontour

Great thanks for help, Waiting on people to get back to me with prices, will keep you posted on my progress:)

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

I wonder might anyone be able to shed light on this..

I'm picking up a GSM-P next week - was just wondering how difficult it is to control lights/heating via the GSM?

It would be say just one switch to start with just so I get it right e.g. the light outside the front door.. Just wondering is it a messy job to do this or is it actually quite straight forward? (Hoping its the latter!!)

Thanks for any replies
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

Hi Guys,

I wonder might anyone be able to shed light on this..

I'm picking up a GSM-P next week - was just wondering how difficult it is to control lights/heating via the GSM?

It would be say just one switch to start with just so I get it right e.g. the light outside the front door.. Just wondering is it a messy job to do this or is it actually quite straight forward? (Hoping its the latter!!)

Thanks for any replies
    B

Its quite easy to install. 6 cores needed to get the GSM talking to the panel. Then you will need 12volt to mains relays. Its not to hard but getting a mains wires to the light would be the most difficult part if they are not already run.

Thanks for that Cadzer..

So I take it it's basically a 12V feed wire from one of the outputs on the panel to the light location, then at the light location it's a case of switching this to mains using the relay..??

There would be mains lights close enough to the light so should be ok..

Thanks again..

Advertisement