Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weeds on Cobble locking

Options
  • 23-03-2011 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was wondering what would be the best weed killer to remove the weeds from cobble locking basically in between the bricks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Roundup, best value to buy in concentrate form and mix it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Payton

Thanks I'll get some tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Roundup, best value to buy in concentrate form and mix it yourself.

Gallup is half the price and does the exact same job. I only discovered this last year and had been using Roundup up to that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

Squiggle wrote: »
    Gallup is half the price and does the exact same job. I only discovered this last year and had been using Roundup up to that point.

+1 on the Gallup its a glyphosate mix same as Roundup but has added water conditioner which Roundup does not have. The Ammonium Sulphate helps the glyphosate to work in all water areas as it can be affected by hard water.

Try your local agri outlet which is usually cheaper than the woodies, B & Q's, etc.

Pathclear used to be the best for driveways, paths and non productive ground but the know alls in the EU have banned paraquat which gave Pathclear its oomf. The new pathclear is pure rubbish not worth even trying it.

Finally read the label carefully as herbicide drift will kill any plant it comes into contact with or contaminate your pond, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Payton

Thanks guys. I'll try and source some over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Squiggle wrote: »

My point was (for consumers) to that Roundup concentrate was better value than Roundup pre-mixed. Sure there may be other offers etc.

I'm aware of other brands including Gallup, but I' fortunate to be able to source Roundup at a very competitive price to newer alternatives. But I'm very happy with Roundup.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Guys, is there any risk that roundup or gallup would discolour the cobble lock?
    I have the brown cobble lock from Tobermore and there are weeds coming through, but Im afraid it may discolour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Never discoloured my paving and I've been spraying it for ten years with Roundup and started using Gallup last year !

Advertisement