Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Application with Adult Caution

• 23-03-2011 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hello Everybody,

I am just wondering can you apply for the Guards if you have an Adult Caution?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

You can't apply at all at the moment! I think it will depend on how long ago the caution was issued relative to the date of the your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Biggles1980

An Adult Caution is not a conviction. It is treated the same as a Juvinile Laison Caution, so yes, you can still apply for the Guards. However it is noted PULSE so it probably wont look good for you. If you get to interview stage the are sure to ask you about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭thelongwait

An Adult Caution is not a conviction. It is treated the same as a Juvinile Laison Caution, so yes, you can still apply for the Guards. However it is noted PULSE so it probably wont look good for you. If you get to interview stage the are sure to ask you about it.

No they wont. not in interview. i was arrested once. they new nothing of my back ground check in interview. if you are lucky enough to pass interview and get to meet super for a chat, then you get to explain what happened.

as memory serves me, you dont fill out background form untill you pass interview.
    but what ever you do, make sure you put it in the form. i didnt. i got away with it in the end but it held up my application big time. i had to really kiss a$$ with local super. i'd be a guard now if i put it in first time around.

No they wont. not in interview. i was arrested once. they new nothing of my back ground check in interview. if you are lucky enough to pass interview and get to meet super for a chat, then you get to explain what happened.

as memory serves me, you dont fill out background form untill you pass interview.
    but what ever you do, make sure you put it in the form. i didnt. i got away with it in the end but it held up my application big time. i had to really kiss a$$ with local super. i'd be a guard now if i put it in first time around.

I think you're getting your facts mixed up a bit. All forms are filled in before the interview and the meeting with your local Superintendent is also before the interview. The circumstances surrounding anybody's arrest depends on whether they are accepted or not. I can guarantee you the Superintendent in charge of the interview was well aware of your background. He may have just decided not to ask you about it.

Maybe so, it was ages ago. I just thought that after aptitude test i was told to go to public jobs and print off the interview form with your education history and scenarios and send it off to public jobs, and after the interview was passed I was told to go to public jobs and print off the really big form, form b I think, with all your relations and the questions about your own history, if you have a criminal record or were ever arrested, which was brought in to be sent off by Garda station.

• Advertisement

To be honest with you, it was a while ago that I went through the process to, about 8 years now. I don't remember when you fill in the "Form B". I do remember meeting the Super before the interview tho because he gave me great advice for passing it. Never forgot it.

Anyway, we both agree that Magnetman88 is free to apply for the Guards. Although God knows when they will be recruiting! You would be better off applying for the Reserves just to get a foot in the door for now. Will look good on the CV to!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 magnetman88

Thanks for the reply's everybody. Yes it was the only trouble I was ever in,other than my Adult Caution I have a clean record and im certainly not proud of it.

Thanks for the reply's everybody. Yes it was the only trouble I was ever in,other than my Adult Caution I have a clean record and im certainly not proud of it.

Best of luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement