Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My mobile will recieve texts, calls and can make calls. But won't send texts?

Options
  • 23-03-2011 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

I can't send a text from my phone and I don't know why. When ever I try to this comes up:
    "Sending failed ... unknown recipient retry?"

Even though it is the right number, anyone have any ideas?:confused:

My phone is a sony ericsson and it's four years old, is it banjacked?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

have you checked your message centre number is correct? what network are you on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Trooperboyo

Random wrote: »
    have you checked your is correct? what network are you on?

I'm on 086, I never had this problem before.

Erm...what is message centre number?:o I haven't changed or taken out the SIM card or anything.

The phone numbers are correct

in your messaging menu look for settings. then look for message centre number. make sure it's set to +353868002000

in your messaging menu look for settings. then look for message centre number. make sure it's set to +353868002000

Thanks a million for that. It's sorted now.

Just out of curiosity why did I have to change it to this number?

basically any sms you send from your phone go via a msg centre run by your operator. in this case that's the o2 number.

you may have changed this setting by mistake when going through menu's or someone who borrowed the phone might have done it by mistake.

• Advertisement

basically any sms you send from your phone go via a msg centre run by your operator. in this case that's the o2 number.

you may have changed this setting by mistake when going through menu's or someone who borrowed the phone might have done it by mistake.

Oh I see, thats what must have happend.
    Thanks again.

Advertisement