Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a puppy.

Options
  • 23-03-2011 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

Hi guys our dog of 14 years passed away a few weeks ago. Im looking for a puppy cheap or free, would be going to a good home. The puppy when fully grown must not be too big. Not much bigger than a terrier would suit us.

Thanks Pm me if you have anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭loueuro2

rescue centres are full, surely u would go there and pay a small donation. i dont understand people looking for free animals, a dog costs money between vacines etc i would never give an animal away free as my opinon if they cant pay for it there not going to spend money on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

loueuro2 wrote: »
    rescue centres are full, surely u would go there and pay a small donation. i dont understand people looking for free animals, a dog costs money between vacines etc i would never give an animal away free as my opinon if they cant pay for it there not going to spend money on it!!

I have been to Kerry pound and the Pet Mania on Wednesdays but nothing there that suits what kind of dog that would be suitable to our home. As for spending money my last dog had nothing but the best food, and just a few months ago he had two ops to try and remove cancer from his mouth but was too aggressive and he had to be put down. So just as I dont want to spend much on getting a dog doesnt mean he wont have a good home!!!!! So maybe you should ask before you paint us all with the same brush:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lornakg

Cruel... As op said, puppy will be going to a good home. Also, op said, 'cheap or free' so they were willing to pay!! Why are some people so quick to come back with a nasty reply??

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭pfishfood

Since youve already checked petmania and the pound theres always the classifieds in the kerryseye, kerryman, or the Tralee/Killarney advertisers/outlook ive often seen dogs offered free to a good home there or even the Tesco/Dunnes/Super valu notice boards are worth a try. Also you could give the KSPCA a call, i pass there often and there always seems to be some dog or other barking so they might have what your looking for or might know someone who would have what you looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

loueuro2 wrote: »

I don't know anyone who ever paid for a dog unless it was a pedigree breed. Our dogs were free, and we had them vaccinated, paid for licences, and we've even been known to feed them.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭loueuro2

i was only saying so many dogs dumped, treated so bad i doubt they paid money for dogs. ive paid money for non pedigree dogs. i just think people offering free dogs should be wary, they dont know if the dog will be looked after. sorry didnt mean to seem harsh, ive 8 dogs myself.
    if u check animal heaven animal rescue on facebook she has lots of pups, its in kilcummin...

Advertisement