Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laser Hair Removal Deal

• 23-03-2011 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

There was a deal on boards about three weeks ago for laser hair removal for six sessions, for two areas which I bought. Rang the place yesterday and as its my first time doing it i asked the receptionist do I need to go for a consultation first and she told me that they do the consultation just before the first appointment. Does this sound ok? Never had it done before and the deal was really cheap but dont want to end up burnt or anything! Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

No, to be honest I'd refuse to do it without a patch test first. There's also a couple of things they need to discuss with you, precautions that you need to take yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭rachblue

Thanks for that. I have an appointment on Saturday. Think I will just go along anyway and talk to them first before I do anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Muffin 2011

I'd defo make sure they do your patch test first atleast 24 hours before you start the course just to be on the safe side incase you were to get a reaction or anything. It's not often anyone has a reaction to laser but it can happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

I went the week before last and she asked me if I wanted to get started straight away or do a patch test so I got the test. Going to start this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

I got the deal too and have had my first laser treatment. When I booked it the girl I spoke with told me that I could have the patch test and first treatment on the same day. (I wasn't worried as I have had laser treatment before and didn't have any strange reactions!)
    When I went in for my appointment I had someone else and she did the patch test and was going to book me in for another appointment but I told her that the other girl had said I could just wait a few minutes and have my first treatment. The girl seemed annoyed and did my whole treatment almost with a vengeance, she was being really dismissive and rude. I didn't say anything because I still have 5 more treatments to go but I was a bit annoyed.
    Another thing is I was skeptical of the machine as it looked like a toy in comparison to the machine they used in the last place I was at. I just looked up the machine online 'e-one' and it brought up a website selling these as home use IPL machines.
    The machine is for sale at 2495 oz dollars which converts to 1812euro. Considering IPL machines usually cost between 9000 to 16000euro to say I am skeptical is putting it lightly. Now I'm thinking should I just try and get my money back now or carry on and hope for the best....! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 emmajane_k

I see there is another deal for The Salon in the IFSC...6 sessions on 2 body parts. Is this the same crowd doing the deal mentioned above?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 syna7x

emmajane_k wrote: »
    I see there is another deal for The Salon in the IFSC...6 sessions on 2 body parts. Is this the same crowd doing the deal mentioned above?

I'm not sure if its the same people offering this deal, but i bought it and now I'm a bit worried whether the cheap price was too good to be true. I wonder should i go ahead with it or not :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

I'm getting laser in Pure Escape in Swords, they were doing a 2 for 1 deal. So it cost €320 for underarms and lip, which is a good bit more than a lot of the deals on citydeals etc. But they said it was a different kind of laser, not IPL and they insisted on a patch test at least a week before the first treatment. Seems to be all very professional and it's working really well.
    I don't know about the really cheap ones - it does seem a bit too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PattyMayo

I am after signing up for laser (not IPL) treatment in Therapie. I am getting full leg, bikini and under arm for 995e, think this is a great offer. Had my patch test last week and had my 1st session yesterday. Was very happy with the service etc. I hope this works, by 6sessions I hope to be hair free!! :) Any one else nearly finished their treatment and finding it worthwhile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has got this done and if it's any good?
    Lots of salons are offering it at massive reductions (up to 80% off) at the moment and some are reducing their prices further via CityDeal/LivingSocial etc.
    Most of them seem to do the IPL method, I'd be looking to get it done on my bikini area.
    Any information on people's experiences would be great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 catbro3

I also had my first appointment with them today, underarm and bikini. paid an extra €100 for an extended bikini, I hope its worth it now. They did insist on a patch test first. Has anyone had more then one appointment and are they noticing a difference. I suppose its a bit late to be asking now as Ive handed over the money but if its crap then I dont want to go through the pain!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

I had my third session with therapie in Galway about 5 days ago. Im having lip and chin done. So far Im happy with the results right now ( a few days after session) my skin is at its best and most hairfree.
    It seems that the hair falls out around now it feels good and at its best but I do find by the time im due for another session Im really needing one as my skin is hairy again :o.
    I mentioned at my last appointment that I do still feel there isnt a big permanant difference but she said not to worry after just two treatments its still early days. So heres hoping :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 syna7x

I have had two sessions so far in the salon in the ifsc on underarm and extended bikini [extra E100] and honestly I have noticed a huuge difference =D the area remains red for a few days after the treatment but it goes away pretty quickly, and already I have virtually no hair under my arms :) i am due for my third session tomorrow, and i think i may only need one more after that, even though i paid for the full six. definitely noticing a permanent difference, completely worth it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I'm after 6 sessions of laser (leg) in Therapie and am so NOT happy with the results. I have 15% less hair at most. they are offering me another couple of treatments free though. A word of warning for anyone going to Therapie-their treatment times are significantly shorter than other places and the settings they use on the machines can be too low also. This definitely impacts on results. Its worth having a look at hairtell laser forums to get in the know before you sign up to anything

thanks Syna7x for the reply, hopefully itll work just as well for me. the the girls that are going to therapie thats does not sound good. And I had heard that they were supposed to use stronger lasers then normal. Ill let ye know how im getting on anyway:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

jadie wrote: »
    I'm after 6 sessions of laser (leg) in Therapie and am so NOT happy with the results. I have 15% less hair at most. they are offering me another couple of treatments free though. A word of warning for anyone going to Therapie-their treatment times are significantly shorter than other places and the settings they use on the machines can be too low also. This definitely impacts on results. Its worth having a look at hairtell laser forums to get in the know before you sign up to anything

I'm with Therapie and I find them very good. Have had a full course for the lip/chin/sides of face / neck (god I sound like a hairy mare (I am a woman btw).

I think they start of low to see how your skin reacts and then increase. I've heard that the leg takes longer to work with.

I am also using a citydeal for a clinic in Blackrock for underarm. 3 sessions in and I'm not too happy. Firstly it was advertised as laser but had to sign a form for IPL. Queried and the girl said "sure they are both the same". Eh, hello, they are not the same at all and you shouldn't be saying that. Also the girl only did about four/five shots if IPL rather than the full underarm so i think they do that so you will need to book more courses. I made a complaint on the second session about that and it has improved. Have seen an improvement but I don't like the clinic due to false advertising and not doing the underarm thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭lily lou

I've had 10 sessions on my bikini line and am very unhappy with the results. I had around 2 months with no regrowth after 6 or 7 sessions and I was delighted, but the hair started to grow back then so I used the rest of my sessions and have seen no improvement at all since:mad: The disclaimer I signed at the begining said that it is not successful for everyone so I have no come back at all:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 estralla

My advise would be to ask how old their equipment is and ask for the therapists qualifications - how long they have been doing it. There is great variation in the quality of service on offer and not always reflected in the price.

Hair needs to be targeted with good agressive settings from the start to work, unfortunately Therapie don't do this. They also told me that all people don't experience shedding but in fact if the hair does not shed 3 weeks after treatment it hasn't worked. I could not in all good faith recommend Therapie, €1000 nearly down the drain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

I'm getting an extended bikini done in Heaven in ashbourne and i'm delighted. 1 treatment down and there is a significant amount of hair gone, going for second treatment on Monday. Not sure about what machine they are using or the setting but it is working a treat :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I've heard nothing about bad things about Therapie. To be honest, I've heard a lot of bad things about laser removal in general. Has anyone got it done and been hair free afterwards? I don't think I can get it done myself as I have red hair.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I'm getting mine done in Heaven in Rathmines, I can'y praise the girl enough. I noticed a considerable difference after each session. I've had 4 sessions so far and 95% is gon, except for 2 stubbord patches, I pointed out the patches to the girl and she upped the machine to do these parts. AFAIK if you've waxed before some hairs can get a bit stubborn...:)
    But again +1 to Heaven!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AislingKenny1

Hi I am a beauty therapist. For anyone thinking of getting laser hair removal. Make sure the salon or clinic is using a Medical Grade Laser. very . My results have been terrfic with therapie. Finished a course of 6 treatments of underarm.The treatment is a slight bit discomfort but no pain no gain. Would highly recommend it. They are lovely staff and it is a beautiful clinic:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 estralla

I am still still hair free! I did my treatment at
    http://www.monkstownlaserskinclinic.ie - Peggy is a highly skilled clinician and will put you at ease and answer any concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jinxlie

Member for a while, but first post as I feel quite strongly about the subject!

I purchased said deal of 6 sessions and I am one week away from my final session with the nationwide, widely marketed clinic mentioned above.
    My experience has been pretty negative to date - although I am sure this cannot be said for all staff, but the therapists I have encountered have been unprofessional and lack basic manners to say the least. Over five sessions I have had three therapists and each time I have arrived to a new face I have had to explain my background etc again. I can appreciate the whole experience of hair removal is not going to be pleasant regardless, but I think if thats the profession you have chosen, you should at least be able to put clients at ease.

That aside, you could get over the above if I was acheiving results, but I am afraid I have nothing more positive to say on this front. There has been no improvement whatsoever to date, I have mentioned this to my therapist on both my 3rd and 4th session - the response "early days, don't panic yet". On my 5th session (on meeting another new girl), once again I mentioned I had no improvement, the poor girl, obviously inexperienced seemed a bit shell shocked and ran out the door to speak to a manager, she came back with the text book response "don't panic yet, it might take you 8 or 10 sessions, the area we are treating is subject to hormome imbalance and can take longer, we can book you in for a few more sessions".

Finally (apologies if this is rant like!), the service always seems to be sales based - at the beginning, I was "strongly recommended" to puchase a special bleaching serum and a high SPF sunblock, as otherwise there was a strong possibility the area of my face receiving treatment would pick up sun rays and end up a different colour to the rest of my face! Although, I was pretty sure it was sales spin, I didn't really want to take the chance and so forked out another EUR80 on product - both of which I do not like and do not suit my skin type.

So there, I am feeling pretty disappointed and out of pocket following the last 5 months of "treatment"! I began with the knowledge that it is not a permanent treatment and may not be 100% successful, but after the combination of unprofessinal treatment and lack of results, I think my complaint/rant is warranted.

Before I booked, I did search the web for feedback and found a lot of the comments made suspectly positive/artificial, so I hope this helps anyone considering making the investment!

Jenklie- thanks for posting about Therapie. I found the exact same with the therapists, a different one each time and on my 5th session one of them thought I was on my 3rd. I also found that they were insistent on spacing the treatments 6 weeks apart when in fact the legs have the longest growth cycles and should be 12 weeks apart. I had the manager tell me that the hair doesn't need to shed when in fact if it doesn't there is something seriously wrong. I think their therapists aren't very experienced and the whole job is a rushed process, skimping on treatment times etc. I will be making a formal complaint soon I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jinxlie

Let us know how that goes Jadie - I think I will be taking the same route.
    You make a good point - the therapists are perhaps not experienced enough or have not recieved the correct training, but they certainly do not inspire confidence. Worryingly, you are supposed to sign a waiver before each treatment to say you haven't taken any medication and are not wearing fake tan, but the majority of visits they have forgotten to ask me or asked me to sign it afterward!

I guess I am fortunate in that I paid relatively little, thanks to Boardsdeals, but if I had paid the full amount, I would be far more upset!

Will update after my final treatment and let you all know what, if any satisfaction I receive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Ok I've just finished a course of 6 underarm at Therapie and 8 extended bikini (IPL) at another salon, the IPL was a special offer and extremely cheap!!

Have to say I'm surprised at all the bad reviews Therapie is getting I found the service terrific and all the staff I had were professional and seemed to know their stuff.

I'm delighted with the results of the underarm, I'd say I have maybe 2 - 3% of the hair that I had. What's left is fairly fair though and I don't know if it'll ever go. The bikini line was more tricky, I still had dark hairs left after my six IPL. I've purchased another 2 sessions from Therapie but regret I didn't go for the whole package as I'll probably need another two at least.

Something to bear in mind about the extended bikini is that it seems to depend on the salon, they went much higher in Therapie, more like a Brazilian really.

I think both the underarm and bikini were worth it though. I think a lot of people I've heard complain that it didn't work were the wrong candidates to begin with. If you're not dark brown or black hair on white skin you can forget about it. It's not the most pleasant or dignified experience but that's to be expected:)

ok so its 3 weeks after my first visit and it worked!! i have probably -50% of the hair that I used to have in both my underarm and bikini but as the above post said I have the perfect hair type for this. ive really dark hair and really white skin so I think thats why its working really well. even when I shave my underarms now there is no shadow and i only have to shave every 2-3 days (before the hair would have grown overnight) so at the moment pretty happy with the results. Altough they didnt really explain hair growth patterns I thought it didnt work til last week when the hair just fell out, then onto google to see was this normal!

The girl who was giving me the treatment was very good and From what she was saying she has a lot of experience she mentioned working in a previous place that has since closed down and I think that she was very good. im going to ring them before my next appointment and see if shell be giving me the treatment again this time and if shes not available then im going to change my appointment to when she is. Also as im not used to shaving my bikini line im going to get her to do mine the next time for an extra €15 just to get the shape right.

hopefully this isnt first time luck and it continues then ill prob only need 3-4 treatments which would be great because its not the most dignified of treatments. :o

• Advertisement

Cathbro- did you go to Therapie in the end? thats good you are seeing results and the hair is shedding. I also was an ideal candidate for laser- white skin, dark hair but did not see results with Therapie

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Does anyone know if the laser and skin clinic is any good?! http://www.laserandskin.ie/hair-removal.html?pmsession=a0cff886027b254d3406961ca77a0401
    I have dark hair and pale skin too so I'm really interested in getting it done. A lot of places have good deals now I bet the prices will go back up in Autumn.

that clinic uses a good laser model anyway and their prices are good too

No I didnt go to Therapie. I got a deal with The salon in Georges dock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Well today I bit the bullet and went for a consultation with Therapie. Decided upon the full face €445 for 6 sessions as I wanted lip, chin and front of neck done so was cheaper to get full face.

There has been alot of mixed reviews but I guess everywhere has bad and good reviews so I'll have to go on my own experience.

The girl that did the consultation was lovely, so nice and helpful. Did a patch test aswell. I was so scared this was going to hurt and it was fine! :o The hair where she did it is gone! Burned away!
    My friend came with me and has had acne meds and creams and the girl knew all the different ones and explained how long you have to be off them and why. Very helpful.

She was very open about hair and explained she had her face done and also nipples and the effects of the pill on hair etc which is something I experienced. Its nice to be able to openly talk about this! All us women are NOT smooth and hairfree and I HATE that we have to feel bad over it. As women we should openly discuss it, its amazing how many of us have to deal with it! I have a tweezers in my car, bag, bedroom, bathroom! :( Its natural and most of us have it!

First session is July 20th so I'll report from there but so far I'm impressed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Jwacqui wrote: »
    She was very open about hair and explained she had her face done and also nipples and the effects of the pill on hair etc which is something I experienced. Its nice to be able to openly talk about this! All us women are so smooth and hairfree and I HATE that we have to feel bad over it. As women we should openly discuss it, its amazing how many of us have to deal with it! I have a tweezers in my car, bag, bedroom, bathroom! :( Its natural and most of us have it!

+1 to all of this!

I'm half German, so a bit of a hairy-mary. I always envied the girls who only needed to shave once every 1-2 weeks. If I shaved in the morning, I'd have stubble by the afternoon! So not cool.
    I bit the bullet too and went in to Urbana. Got a full course for legs, under arms and extended bikini for €700 at the start of the year, and it's the best money I've ever spent!
    I still have another 2 sessions to go, and truth be told, I might need another 1 or 2 after that as I have VERY stubborn hair (and I came off hormonal contraception half way through the sessions, so got a growth spurt...stupid hormones!), but I still think it's worth it.
    Even now, 4 sessions in, I see a massive difference. I have large 'bald' patches ;) and what is left at this point is much finer and grows slowly.

The girls in Urbana have been great. My usual therapist was away for my last session, so I had to have someone new - I was a bit nervous as I am getting the bikini, so have to have my whole *ahem* lady area on show :o and had built up a trust with my usual girl, but the new lass put me right at ease. Sure they see it everyday :D

I didn't want to go with Therapie because their adds annoy the bejaysus out of me, and their claim of '80% off' is just bogus...call a spade a spade here - they are just your normal prices! Unless you've had a 'sale' for 3 years now :rolleyes:
    Each to their own though.

Good luck all the ladies doing it. It really is worth it (even the pain you will feel from the 4th session on!) :cool:

• Advertisement

Fiii- that's a fantastic deal you got in Urbana, I paid €950 just for legs and it was money down the drain I think. Do you mind me asking how long they take to treat your full legs? I found I was in and out in 20 mins with Therapie

Fiii- that's a fantastic deal you got in Urbana, I paid €950 just for legs and it was money down the drain I think. Do you mind me asking how long they take to treat your full legs? I found I was in and out in 20 mins with Therapie

Sorry, I should have said half leg.
    I got such a good price as they had a deal on at the time, that if you got your under arms done, any bikini was free! So essentially, I just paid for legs/ under arms :)
    For all three areas, it takes a good hour each time. Usually 30mins on the (half) legs, and 15mins on under arms and bikini.

Unbelieveable as I suspected Therapie aren't giving the proper treatment times. A full leg was done for me in 20 mins and you saying they take 30 mins to just do a half in Urbana. Can I just ask do they go over the area a few times when they are doing the half leg seeing as it takes a half hour? sorry for all the questions!

Unbelieveable as I suspected Therapie aren't giving the proper treatment times. A full leg was done for me in 20 mins and you saying they take 30 mins to just do a half in Urbana. Can I just ask do they go over the area a few times when they are doing the half leg seeing as it takes a half hour? sorry for all the questions!

No worries at all, I'm happy to answer.
    The usual process is, she draws a white line down the sides of both my legs, colours in any large freckles with the pencil also, and starts on the backs (the white line is just to mark out the area they are doing). Then I've to flip over, and she does the fronts.
    There's a bit of repetition on some areas, but not all. She'll just go over the stubborn areas a few times to catch all the hairs.

I'm only 5'4", so not exactly legs eleven ;) but she takes her time and makes sure she covers everything.
    Maybe Therapie didn't do it right? Or maybe you're just not as hairy as me? :o

I doubt that am a bot of a hairy mary too!! the first few therapists I had didn't do that with the white pencil at all and I'm sure one of them missed a few spots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

My advice is go to a clinic that has medical staff applying the laser therapy. I did not choose any salon that had these 70%/80% off gimmicks in my view for specific areas of the body or face. Choose a price base that is by the minute for any area that needs to be treated and offers a pay for each treatment price base ie pay as you go instead of lump sum prior to treatment. I weighed all of this up before going for the patch test a week before we commenced and that was free of charge with no obligation or outlay at that stage.

My eldest daugher is attending Eccles Clinic Dublin 1 after 1st session has very good results as follows. Sides of face 95%, upper and lower arms 70%, tummy 70% and legs 50%. Hair shed during the 3rd week, so glad it is working. I pay by the hour and it is 180euro. Treatment in my view is thorough, accurate and carried on in a friendly professional and caring environment by a qualified nurse. She is having more treatment later this month. Hopeful that she will be well sorted by about 4th treatment.

Laser does work but as said by other posters has to be administered correctly and at the correct strength to be successful. I must admit that it seems that some salons would use too low a strength during treatment and keep you coming back and paying more. Soul destroying to anyone trying to deal with unwanted hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CORKDIVA

I just finished medi lase on my lip as the hair is very blonde and abouslutely no diffference, I paid over 400 euro for nothing, so don't waste your money on medi lase had my underarm done darker hair and was delighted with the results,so results for dark hair and pale skin excellent. you do need to shave the area on same day as treatment or night before. no meds 24 before or after treatment and no false tan.
    i had mine at therapie cork and when i told the girl who did the medilase i was very disappionted as there was no difference she suggested i pay for another course, as if.

corkdiva- sorry to hear you had bad results too. am I right in thinking medilase is what they use on blonde hairs? I would consider writing a formal letter of complaint to Therapie and call in and ask to speak to a manager. Would you maybe consider electrolysis on your face? It would take a good few sessions but it is permanent

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CORKDIVA

YEP - medilase is for blonde hair but would strongly urge anyone thinking of wasting their money for medilase to try anything but medilase, reckon its the worst waste of money i ever made, could have bought lots of shoes :rolleyes:. thanks might try a letter to manager but they seem to be just interested in up front payments and trying to flog you expensive products while you are having your treatments. will let you know what the end outcome is, lets see if therapie is interested in customers or cold hard cash.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ainzb

syna7x wrote: »
    emmajane_k wrote: »

I'm not sure if its the same people offering this deal, but i bought it and now I'm a bit worried whether the cheap price was too good to be true. I wonder should i go ahead with it or not :confused:

Just wondering how you got on with the salon, there is currently another deal on, would love to see how you got on?

Thanks, ainz ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ainzb

catbro3 wrote: »
    No I didnt go to Therapie. I got a deal with The salon in Georges dock.

Just wondering how you got on with the salon, there is currently another deal on, would love to see how you got on?
    Thanks, ainz ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Just to update here I had my first therapie seesion 2.5 weeks ago on my chin, lip and sides of jaw. It wasn't painful at all. My face was only slightly red and went down after 2hours. I was sceptical as a good bit of the hair was still left after but now 2.5 weeks later 90% of it is gone and only blonde hairs which I don't mind are left!

Delighted with the results one session has given! Booked in again for tuesday week!

Took photos of before so I can really notice the difference. I have only had to do any hair removal once in nearly 3 weeks. Before I would have been doing it every 2/3 days! :D

that's great your seeing results and the hair is shedding. Don't go in for a another treatment until the hair is starting to grow back to get the benefit, every 6-8 weeks for face usually. I have written a letter of complaint to Therapie about my treatments but no reply from them yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

I'm looking into getting Laser Hair Removal as I currently wax but suffer from terrible ingrown hairs from this but I'm not the best when it comes to pain. Can anyone tell me if laser hair removal is painful (I would love to get my full legs, bikini and underarms done)?

Also can anyone recommend anywhere good in Limerick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Jane98 wrote: »
    I'm looking into getting Laser Hair Removal as I currently wax but suffer from terrible ingrown hairs from this but I'm not the best when it comes to pain. Can anyone tell me if laser hair removal is painful (I would love to get my full legs, bikini and underarms done)?

Also can anyone recommend anywhere good in Limerick?

Yes, it is VERY painful, in my experience anyway. Underarms not so bad but I'm also getting the Brazilian and that REALLY hurt. Having said that, I had PMS at the time and had taken no painkillers cos the only ones that work for me are Nurofen Plus and I was specifically told not to take them because of one of the ingredients.

• Advertisement
Advertisement