Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laser Hair Removal Deal

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭waterfordgirl

I have also been thinking of getting my bikini line removed by laser. From what I've seen on this thread I could probably go for the extended bikini line treatment.
    Another poster said about having dark hair and pale skin, and some one else said about having red hair? I am red haired, does this affect my options??!! Is laser a waste of time if you're red haired??? V confused!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

yes, laser only works on dark coarse hair,a previous poster mentioned getting medilase on her upper lip which had blonde hair. this isn't laser its an ultrarsound method that takes out each hair individually. also marketed as applisonix there is no proven research that it actually works.

I totally agree with Magenta that laser is very painful-not like the rubber band sensation that they go on about, it felt more like hot needles being stuck into my skin to me!! I looked into getting a numbing cream but its only available on prescription

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭waterfordgirl

I'm disgusted!!! Thought that laser could be the answer to all of my problems!!! What options are available to me do you know?!

well electrolysis works on any type of hair but if your doing the bikini line it would be too large an area really for it. I guess waxing would be your best option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

jadie wrote: »
    that's great your seeing results and the hair is shedding. Don't go in for a another treatment until the hair is starting to grow back to get the benefit, every 6-8 weeks for face usually. I have written a letter of complaint to Therapie about my treatments but no reply from them yet

Had my second session today, there was definitely regrowth but was literally 70% reduction on what I initially had. The person that did my treatment today was the clinic manager and she was lovely.

Went over loads of areas and this session was longer than before, she couldn't have been any nicer. Gave me free samples of a few products etc. Great experience.

Have you heard back yet?
    Jane98 wrote: »
    I'm looking into getting Laser Hair Removal as I currently wax but suffer from terrible ingrown hairs from this but I'm not the best when it comes to pain. Can anyone tell me if laser hair removal is painful (I would love to get my full legs, bikini and underarms done)?

I really don't think its painful. I've had two sessions so far. Getting Full face, so lip, chin, jawline, sides of face. Laser this time was considerably stronger than the first session but honestly it is totally bearable. The lip stung and did make my eyes water, she did this first as she said its the worst and the rest of my face was fine. And I'm not even that great with pain. :)

Yes, I wrote a letter of complaint but the manager I addressed it to has left. I rang them last week when I hadn't heard anything, they are giving me two more free sessions and after that the manager is going to bring me back in to look at what hair is left. I asked what will happen at that stage but didn't get any concrete answer. It will be 8 sessions at that stage.

I found the pain ok at the first few sessions (they used low joules) but the last one with higher energy was extremely painful esp round lower leg, could smell a bit of burning as well. Definitely hot needles territory, don't let anyone tell you otherwise (and I have a good pain threshold too!). They use the painfree mode of soprano xl on bikini and parts of the face only

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭helen1

I just had my second session bought the deal off living social. It has worked really well but i find it really painful and you can smell a bit of burning but i guess the pain is worth it as i can see results. The deal was for six sessions does anyone know if you need more sessions than that.

what area are you getting done? is it IPL or laser

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭helen1

I am getting the sides of my face done. They are using Candela Gentlelase so not sure what type of laser it is.

• Advertisement

that's an alexanderite laser which is generally considered the best. You should be done in 6 sessions if its working properly. any fine blonde hair left at that stage you could treat with electrolysis if you wished. Leave it till 6 months after the laser treatment though to see how much of a reduction you actually have.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

I'm after 6 sessions of laser (leg) in Therapie and am so NOT happy with the results. I have 15% less hair at most. they are offering me another couple of treatments free though. A word of warning for anyone going to Therapie-their treatment times are significantly shorter than other places and the settings they use on the machines can be too low also. This definitely impacts on results. Its worth having a look at hairtell laser forums to get in the know before you sign up to anything

well if they turn up the machine too high you have what happened to me - i have burns along my bikini line - very sore and painful you don't want that to happen!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

oh god that sounds awful, I'd go back to them in person and complain. Just to clarify about the settings Therapie used-they started me off on the lowest possible setting even though my skin can handle much higher settings. the proper clinics will patch test at various settings and use good high agressive settings from the start, (that your skin can handle) low settings= poor results

Hi jadie

Do you recommend any proper clinics? I use therapie for face and neck. Overall quite happy but was thinking of changing to a proper place. I've had 7 sessions and leave two-three months per session now. Found it much more painful last time which makes me think it was a higher setting. But girl has never mentioned anything to me re different settings being applied so assumed all were done at same setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Well, it's been 2 weeks since my 6th and last session in Urbana, and I have to say, I'm really chuffed!
    I got a half leg, underarm and bikini deal, and have at least 80-85% loss on all areas.
    Speaking as someone who used to shave in the morning and have stubble by the afternoon, this is massive for me :)
    I'll give it another while to see what grows back (if anything) and see if I need more sessions, but so far so good.

I have to say, I was quite impressed with all the staff. The two therapists I dealt with always put me right at ease, which is important when you've got your floof on show ;):o and always explained how high they were going with the settings etc, and let me know I could tell them if it was too much.
    Not going to lie, I really felt it the last couple of sessions as they had it set up to the max, but it was worth the pain.

larrymickdick, that's terrible what you have been through :( I hope you follow through with your complaint, they can't get away with that!

Frogstar-are you in Dublin? someone earlier recommened in the thread recommended the Eccles clinic as you can pay per session and its medical staff doing the procedures. I have to say though I would really caution laser on your face unless its very coarse and dense hair which it rarely is in a womans case.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

PattyMayo wrote: »
    I hope this works, by 6sessions I hope to be hair free!! :) Any one else nearly finished their treatment and finding it worthwhile?
    I was told the norm is a minimum of 12-15 sessions before you're properly hair free. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's terrible!! I've been having laser for a while now and it's stingy and uncomfortable on occasion but never like that! They burnt your skin? Oh my God. Thank God it wasn't your face? Have you healed up okay, poor thing! :(

The place I get it done has loads of aloe vera gel to use afterwards, I can't believe they didn't even have any to give you!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 darole

*Lees* wrote: »
    I got the deal too and have had my first laser treatment. When I booked it the girl I spoke with told me that I could have the patch test and first treatment on the same day. (I wasn't worried as I have had laser treatment before and didn't have any strange reactions!)
    When I went in for my appointment I had someone else and she did the patch test and was going to book me in for another appointment but I told her that the other girl had said I could just wait a few minutes and have my first treatment. The girl seemed annoyed and did my whole treatment almost with a vengeance, she was being really dismissive and rude. I didn't say anything because I still have 5 more treatments to go but I was a bit annoyed.
    Another thing is I was skeptical of the machine as it looked like a toy in comparison to the machine they used in the last place I was at. I just looked up the machine online 'e-one' and it brought up a website selling these as home use IPL machines.
    The machine is for sale at 2495 oz dollars which converts to 1812euro. Considering IPL machines usually cost between 9000 to 16000euro to say I am skeptical is putting it lightly. Now I'm thinking should I just try and get my money back now or carry on and hope for the best....! :confused:[/QU

Wow I cant believe that!! What salon did you go to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Boards Deals: Emma

Hi there, for legal reasons part of this thread has been deleted by Boards.ie. We take all complaints against our partners seriously and I have been in touch with The Salon regarding the issues raised here. The manager has informed me that they have no record of any complaints of this nature. If you'd like me to pass on a specific complaint on your behalf please email me, with as much detail as possible, at deals@boards.ie (mark please for my attention) and I will pass on your email personally to the manager of the salon.
    Many thanks, Emma

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lawlorat

Hi all,

Just wondering what kind of experience people have had with Heaven on Grafton Street? I've heard good reports about Heaven in Ashbourne and Rathmines but want to get the review on Grafton Street before I try it out...

All advice greatly appreciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bobsmith12

Before going ahead with the laser treatment process. I would recommend you to take the skin sensitivity test. I think at least 24 hour sensitivity check is necessary.

• Advertisement
Advertisement