Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Illness benifit and rent allowance

• 23-03-2011 9:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question, hopefully someone can help. Can you recieve rent allowance while recieving illness benifit? Havent been paying rent recently due to being off sick but I need to sort the landlord with something soon and im on the bones of my ass at the min!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Yes you can. Have you got a job? If so, you just need to send a letter from your job saying you aren't getting paid along with your rent allowance application form.
    Get in contact with your CWO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Granger13

Just so you know, under new guidelines, your landlord will have to provide his Tax Reference Number in order for you to receive rent allowance. Not that your landlord wouldnt be registered for tax purpose, but there is some out there that would not be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Thanks for the replies guys. Went to the CWO today to be told I can claim it but it is only from date of application and seeing as im in arrears with my rent its not really of any use and touch wood be back at work soon.

Advertisement