Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licensing Questions

Options
  • 23-03-2011 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

Two questions.

Has anyone links to the forms required to: (1) put another person on your license and (2) the form/procedure to give a firearm to another person?

Has anyone ever gifted a firearm to a family member?

I would like to get a family member on a license and eventually let them have it. I figure since I am on the license for another two years, why not wait until then to let them claim it.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

FISMA wrote: »
    (1) put another person on your license and ............

As clivej linked to you need the FCA1 form. The other erson fills it out as normal with all the relevant details, etc. In section 4.1, he adds your firearm cert number. Thats pretty much the only difference than a single application.
    ............(2) the form/procedure to give a firearm to another person?

Again they fill in the FCA1 (as linked above) and in section 3.3, Source of Firearm the person receiving the firearm ticks private source. They enter your firearm cert number (or whomever they are getting the firearm from) and on the seperate information sheet you give a brief explanation of how/who in what circumstances the firearm is being given. Gift, inheritance, etc. The person giving the firearm will have to use an FCA2 to cancel their license otherwise the application for the "giftee" will not go through. (As its for a full/solo license rather than a joint license).
    Has anyone ever gifted a firearm to a family member?

Not yet. another couple of years and the young las will be off age.
    I would like to get a family member on a license and eventually let them have it. I figure since I am on the license for another two years, why not wait until then to let them claim it.

Then the method above is the best. Get them a joint license, and evetually have them take over the firearm. Hoiwever if they are already licensed there will be no need for them to apply for the license on their own. Make sure they have the necessary security requirements, and simply use the FCA2 to cancel your license. Do not let it simply lapse. When your family member comes to renewing the license he simply fills in the FCA1 as normal for a renewal/re-application.

Hope that makes sense.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I have used that form to sell 1 shotgun, buy 1 shotgun and another firearm from a private seller.
    Just as Ezridax says, but read it through a couple of times then it will make more sense. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Clive and Ez,
    Thanks for the links and advice. I had not thought of the FCA2 to cancel - good idea to CYA.
    Slan

Advertisement