Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual sim

Options
  • 23-03-2011 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi Boardsies, looking for a bit of help. I have two sim cards on two different networks, one for business and one private. Currently i am using two seperate handsets and its a pain carrying them around.
    I see some dual sim handsets from china on e-bay. Does anyone know if they are any good or should i steer clear.
    Thanks guys,
    Ollie :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

OllieNorth wrote: »
    Hi Boardsies, looking for a bit of help. I have two sim cards on two different networks, one for business and one private. Currently i am using two seperate handsets and its a pain carrying them around.
    I see some dual sim handsets from china on e-bay. Does anyone know if they are any good or should i steer clear.
    Thanks guys,
    Ollie :)

My BF had one and it was handy BUT not all of the programs changed to ENGLISH when you changed the language on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

For calls and texts they are ok. For use as a smartphone browsing emails etc no

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭OllieNorth

Thanks for the quick replys. Will just be using for calls and texts mostly.
    Can anyone recommend a brand of dual sim phone.:D
    Thanks, Ollie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I have used two phones for a few years now, have tried dual sim phones but to be hones they are sh1t

What I do now is use one normal smart phone (for calls then all my internet, emails, etc) then the other I just want a small, cheap with good battery life. Usually Nokias are good for this

Another thing that I find helps is using the 2 phones of same brand / OS where possible. It can be a bit of a pain going from texting and flicking through menus on a Nokia to a Samsung etc, so this makes it easier

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

i've been using dual sim phones for about two years now. tried it first with a chinese cheap dual sim phone to see if i'd make any savings on calls.
    the chinese phone was only just ok.
    after that i bought a samsung dual sim and have never looked back. great reliable phone. cost me about 120euro from memory. samsung do a whole range of dual sim phones but you usually have to buy them from china on ebay. only downside to this is getting stung for import taxesx by customs.
    i seen a while back on donedeal and ebay.ie someone selling nokias first dual sim. very basic phone as such but essentially all you need in a phone might have been around the 60euro mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Nokia have 2 iirc and a third on the way but very basic handsets.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

You can get adapters to fit 2 sims in a normal phone but you have to choose which one is active i.e. they don't do dual standby. Normally you switch via a SIM menu that appears on the phone or else by turning the phone off or on again

Advertisement