Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting questions

Options
  • 23-03-2011 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭

Im renting a house at the minute and debating whether to move when the lease is up (2 months).
    There are a couple of things that I want to check before I decide whether to move or not though...

As for getting our deposit back, there are a couple of small things in the house that might allow for deductions from it and I was wondering if boardsies could estimate the value of these / if some are my problems / the landlords?

First is the sink in the bathroom has become a lil shaky and the tiles above it have developed a crack in them, not caused by us from what I can see. Im thinking just wear and tear but I dont know.

Another thing is the lino in the kitchen has a few tiny holes in it, clearly caused by pebbles on the floor underneath being pushed through when walked on. Its coming from the ground upwards so I assume this cant be pinned on us?

Another is a small dent in the wooden floor in the sitting room (about the size of a 2c/5c coin). Dunno where it came from, possibly from a heel or something :S

We also managed to break one of the shades on the main light in the sitting room. its a three shade downlighter similar to this http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/Lumens/uu324053?$Main Product Image$
    Anybody know where youn would find a replacement shade / how much they could knock of the deposit for this? Its quite an old light I reckon so dunno if you would get a replacement?

The kitchen in the house is the only thing that I dont like as the cooker is nexct to useless and the cupboard doors are all very flimsy (clearly ancient). Do you reckon there would be any way to get a landlord to modernise it at all or do you think theyd prob tell us to shut up and put up because essentially everything is working (just not as efficiently as we would like).

Thanks to anybody who can help answer any of these questions! :)

Advertisement