Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet Bars/Pub

Options
  • 23-03-2011 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    Looking for a nice pub, somewhere quiet and not too busy on a Thursday night around the Dublin 2 area, not in the city centre as such, if ya know what I mean!!
    Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Schlepp over to Ringsend - the Oarsman or the Yacht. (Though that's a bit D4-ish.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

O'Connell's at Portobello is a lovely little spot. They tend to have the heating on full blast all the time though so wear something light!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Unfortunately with the advance of techology some things are made worse such as quiet pubs. Flat screen TVs are everywhere and pop up like mushrooms. There appears to be football games on most evenings so trying to think of a quiet nice pub in Dublin 2 is difficult enough! Maybe try the back area at O'Neills on Pearse st. I sure somebody will come up with better options, wouldn't mind knowing myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

the schoolhouse can be nice and quiet, depends on where you are really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Peter's Pub over by the Stephens Green shopping centre is a TV-free zone. Don't know how busy they get on Thursday nights though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

cosmic wrote: »
    O'Connell's at Portobello is a lovely little spot. They tend to have the heating on full blast all the time though so wear something light!

Good shout, lovely bar. The Cusack Stand down towards Camden St. is also a nice spot, you can check them both out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Chaplins on Hawkins Street is always quiet enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

cute_cow wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Looking for a nice pub, somewhere quiet and not too busy on a Thursday night around the Dublin 2 area, not in the city centre as such, if ya know what I mean!!
    Thanks in advance!!
    ryans on camden st nice quiet spot most of the pubs on camden st are ok though..

• Registered Users Posts: 42 hXci

Any number of pubs to choose from really! My top three would be:

1) Brogans on Dame Street is a great spot, once there isn't a gig in the Olympia to contend with.
    2) Upstairs in the Lord Edward at Christchurch is the business, its like drinking in someones sitting room and is generally ok any day bar Friday.
    3) The Dame Tavern just off Dame Street, across from the Stags Head. Love it.

Happy drinking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Grogan on South William Street (I think) is a nice quiet place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Chaplins on Hawkins Street is always quiet enough.

great pub

Advertisement