Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Titles on the 3DS

• 23-03-2011 10:25pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭

What retro classics would you like to see Ninty give a 3D remastering too?
    I mean would Super Mario World be improved?
    Could Starfox on the Snes be cooler with a proper 60 frames a second frame rate and 3D?
    How about N64 titles?
    Should or will it be limited to Nintendo games?
    What if Nights was remastered into proper 3D?

Please port thoughts and wish lists here!

Or, if you're a cynical person, what inevitable disasters are about to befall us?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Streets of Rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Balasubbie

amacachi wrote: »
    Streets of Rage.

*Snip*

There's good and bad everywhere. We don't need derogatory remarks in this forum.

LoGiE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I feel like I should "get" that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

amacachi wrote: »
    I feel like I should "get" that.

*Snip* See my previous post.

Thanks,

LoGiE

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think N64 games would be great for remakes. Miyamoto himself said that the reason he was doing the Ocarina of Time remake was because the only thing that let the game down was the poor framerate (great minds think alike eh Miyamoto).

However I don't want Nintendo to get lazy and would rather new additions to franchises and new IP's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I'd like to see some of the N64 and Ps1 games go onto it.

Nightmare creatures would be one I'd like to see but I know I wont

And hows this for confusing, PS1 games play on my PS3 but no PS2 games play, wtf sony?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Stunt Race FX/Wildtrax would be great on the 3DS I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

I'd be happier with brand new titles of existing series by Nintendo.
    Saying that I wouldn't say no to a new Paperboy and F-Zero 3D:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't think the world is ready for the eyeball melting power of F-zero 3D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Would be awesome to see FZero GX on it though, no tilt controls though thank you very much

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I'd like to see some of the N64 and Ps1 games go onto it.

Nightmare creatures would be one I'd like to see but I know I wont

And hows this for confusing, PS1 games play on my PS3 but no PS2 games play, wtf sony?!
    because they scimped on most models (bar the launch 60gb version I think).
    The worst thing is the US/JP versions have extra hardware that means the ps2 comparability rate is very high.The EU/EMEA version relies half on hardware emulation and half on actual hardware so only about maybe 75% of PS2 games are compatible... :( )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The emu on my 60gb launch PS3 is software only, all the newer machines would need is the appropriate firmware release, no?
    I didn't realise there was any extra hardware involved...
    Pity though, given the ubiquitous nature of PS2 software, there's tons of it out there that could be played, of course Sony would argue that they don't make a cent on a PS3 owners ability to play his PS2 collection.
    Not dissimilar to the lack of updates to the Xbox backwards compatibility, Panzer Dragoon Orta half works doesn't it?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The emu on my 60gb launch PS3 is software only, all the newer machines would need is the appropriate firmware release, no?
    I didn't realise there was any extra hardware involved...
    Pity though, given the ubiquitous nature of PS2 software, there's tons of it out there that could be played, of course Sony would argue that they don't make a cent on a PS3 owners ability to play his PS2 collection.
    Not dissimilar to the lack of updates to the Xbox backwards compatibility, Panzer Dragoon Orta half works doesn't it?

Yeah it's definitely a hardware thing. The PS2 chipset is in a lot of Sony products now such as TVs and stuff seemed like the obvious choice to put it in the PS3 but the price of manufacture was so high they needed to take it out. Sucks though considering it was advertised as backwards compatible and Europe got shafted again.

Don't get me started on 360 backwards compatibility. Their list has games on it that are listed as working and yet a lot of them don't boot past the menu or logo screens. The NTSC version of Orta works but the PAL version crashes just before level 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yeah it's definitely a hardware thing. The PS2 chipset is in a lot of Sony products now such as TVs and stuff seemed like the obvious choice to put it in the PS3 but the price of manufacture was so high they needed to take it out. Sucks though considering it was advertised as backwards compatible and Europe got shafted again.

Don't get me started on 360 backwards compatibility. Their list has games on it that are listed as working and yet a lot of them don't boot past the menu or logo screens. The NTSC version of Orta works but the PAL version crashes just before level 4.

I think the main problem is that big corporations like M$ and Fony is thet they're money hungry pieces of crap who couldn't care less about the end user and thier needs, they should know that most people only have one console out beside the tv and should make all consoles backwards compatible now to alieviate this issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭DickyC

i want nintendo to release a 3ds double pack of rez and cosmic smash:pac:
    but somehow i don't think it will happen:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Dizzy (Its been long enough)

One of the best Retro characters of all time Dizzy in lovely Eggy 3d is one that we must see although the design and animation will be nearly impossible to achieve :D
    dizzy-treasure-island-game-cover.jpg

Rick Dangerous

Classic Platform/shooter/tear hair out game
    I spent many hours on this game on the old c64 and i would love to see a return
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcwKOItpnqAVYmnxBToJNKgTKU-OwHbH_LoLr_rZGgkjApJJ8j&t=1

Boulder Dash
    The best game of all time without a doubt.I Played this when it was first released back in 1984 and still play it every couple of days more addictive then tetris ,better then mario i would happily pick this game as the one i would take to a desert island with me

Boulder_dash.jpg
    Leader Board
    Very surprised this never hit recent consoles
    Very easy controls and a lot of fun in multiplayer
    ccs69.JPG
    Bubble Bobble
    100 levels
    2 Players
    Fun and punch ups to be had

Someone please kidnap there girlfriends again ffs it happens to peach all the time
    bubblebobble3_2.jpg

Elite

Its Elite No case needs to be made
    Elite_org_cover.jpg

Advertisement