Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bootable USB

• 23-03-2011 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I need to create a Kiosk style setup that gives a user just a browser and an internet connection.
    I have selected Webconverger (http://webconverger.com/) as the way to go.

The only wrinkle is I need to edit the live.cfg file to add in the wlan name and the WPA2 key, when I repack the ISO I discovered that the USB drive is no longer bootable

So I reformatted it and created a Kubuntu image on the drive, this will not boot now, it doesn't even attempt to read the pen drive, it hangs at an initial screen with a copyright notice and does not try to read any data from the drive

So my question gentle reader is, have I somehow managed to remove the the USB's ability to be bootable? Is this even possible?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Obvious question what did you repack the ISO with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

I recreated it with Ark under kubuntu
    After that I recreated it with a fresh download of the iSO using
    Universal-USB-Installer-1.8.3.4 on win 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

If its any help, I make my USB stick bootable in windows like this:
    Bootsect.exe /nt60 X: <-where ‘X’ is the drive letter of your USB key

bootsect can be gotten from the Win7 CD, under tools I think.

Advertisement