Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Attention* Captain Morgan

Options
  • 23-03-2011 10:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭

So anyway I thought Id like a drink so I went to the most varied off licence to find something exciting to purchase.
    Upon perusal I decided on a bottle of Captain Morgans 700ml.I only ever tasted it once down in Tralee at a club during the festival ,they were giving away free shots.
    I was charged 34 euro for the bootle and a bottle of pepsi max.I didnt really think about it properly till I got in the car (yes I know).No I realise there is no way it could have cost that much.I have already opened it and had some.It tastes great but I feel like I have been made a mug of .Plus there was no price up for it on the shelf.
    I would really appreciate feedback on how much it costs for a bottle in your area.
    Im in west cork btw and I didnt go to a supermarket.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Tesco : €22.49 (you have to log in to browse products)
    Superquinn: €25.99
    O'Brien's: €25.49

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Cap'n Morgan 70 cl bottle in Tesco and Dunnes here in Thurles retails, €24.99, Tesco ususally have it in 1Lt bottle for €20 but that seems to be gone as i was in there inquiring the other day and they informed me they have stopped stocking the 1Lt...:(.....But no you were well overcharged mate for that and even if you have swigged out of it, i would still be bringing receipt and bottle back to store!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

They didnt give a receipt.I dont normally go in there but yeah they completely overcharged me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

whatever about getting a refund, I'd make sure that you talk to a manager and check with them what the roper price is and let them know what you paid.

If all you do is ensure someone else is't ripped off, then that's better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

There's a few Captain morgans. Maybe you got one of the higher end versions? Did it have a white or black label? In ireland, the white label is cheaper and the black label is more expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭shmeee

MonicaBing wrote: »
    Cap'n Morgan 70 cl bottle in Tesco and Dunnes here in Thurles retails, €24.99, Tesco ususally have it in 1Lt bottle for €20 but that seems to be gone as i was in there inquiring the other day and they informed me they have stopped stocking the 1Lt...:(.....But no you were well overcharged mate for that and even if you have swigged out of it, i would still be bringing receipt and bottle back to store!

Johnstons (McKevitts Costcutter) in Thurles have 700ml Captain Morgan for €21.99 always and was on offer for €19.99 for a good few weeks, that offer is over but will prob be back again soon...

But my god, you were ripped off my friend, the most I'd expect to pay in any offie for that and Coke would be 30 quid max...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I got someone to go in and ask in said offy how much the cap morgan was (white label).They were told 27 euro .Which means I was charged 7 euro for a bottle of coke 2 litre

Advertisement