Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reunion update

Options
  • 23-03-2011 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hi everyone!

Last aug I met my BM for the first time. I met her a couple of time before xmas too and we talk on the phone once a week. Last weekend myself, my husband and kids went down to meet the rest of her family. She had told nobody about me until I traced her through the hse. She told them all (with the exception of her father) straight after getting off the phone with the SW. When I was down there the father happened upon all of us one night having a few drinks and low and behold she told him and he surprised everyone by welcoming me into his family. They were all fantastic and weirdly I felt like I had known them all my life.

The only problem is now with my a. family. I feel like I'm leaving them out or something. It just feels so different. I thought I could keep it all as if my A.family was my family and then BMs family was like her family. I think I feel like a traitor to my A. family. I'm hoping things will settle back down once I get over the excitement of the weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

hi tyveiw, im so pleased ur reunion is going well. please try to enjoy getting to know ur family and leave the guilt behind, we adoptees ar very good at the guilt thing.
    after a while all this will settle down to a normal pace and u will exchange phonecalls emails etc and your adopted family will understand and be happy for u.....kathy

Advertisement