Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap n' cheerful for garden

Options
  • 23-03-2011 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

today, i saw a beautiful wishing well in a garden, the lady told me that it was made from stuff that was left over after they built their house....so it got me thinking!....would anyone like to post what they have done/seen in gardens that would not cost the earth, and that look really well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭countrywoman

just bumping this up for more ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

Pathways between raised veg beds. I use pine tree cuttings, chop them up and lay them down on the paths over a bed of ashes.
    The ashes go over stones pulled from the veg beds and elsewhere in the garden that are used to set the path base, ashes fill the gaps and give a levelled walking surface, pine needles and twigs keep it mostly dry underfoot.
    It has a nice appearance, deters slugs and is nice to walk on.

Advertisement