Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am SO nervous for college?

• 23-03-2011 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

is anyone else having this problem ? i know it's not til September, but i'm terrified i won't make friends etc. everyone is so excited about college, but does anyone else feel like this?! (this is for colleges is general, but LYIT is on my CAO too...) :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I was the exact same last year, I thought I'd make no friends. But don't worry, you will make friends. Everyone else in your course will be in the same boat. They'll all be nervous and not know where they're going and you'll get talking to each other. Plus, you'll have your roommates and you'll get to know them and their friends too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Dan man

Don't worry, I felt apprehensive about college too as I wouldn't consider myself too be the most outgoing person, but I guarantee that you will make friends. The atmosphere in college is much more relaxed than life at secondary school and you will be surrounded by like-minded people. You will quickly settle in to the swing of things and the transition for me from secondary school to college life was a smooth one. Don't be afraid to take the opportunity to talk to people on day one as most people feel anxious and will welcome any communication. If I can do it then you can do it! And it is true, college is the best years of your life, just get stuck in!

Advertisement