Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

french document

• 23-03-2011 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

i have my document prepared fully and my teacher has corrected it all and its perfect now...but im just really unsure about bringing it in...incase i get asked really obsecure qst i wont be able to answer....some of my friends have me scared about bringing one in:eek:

just wondering all in all is it better to bring a document or not??
    i would be in general a fairly weak student :(
    just a bit scared incase it goes off the subject of my document:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Just start talking about your document the minute you show it to your examiner. :) If you talk for long enough without pausing, he won't be able to ask a question, and I'm sure when you've done saying all about it, he'll just be bored of it and move on with the rest of the oral. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Holly91

So you think its a good idea to bring it in then?:)

Yeah definitely. :) It's something you know the examiner will have to talk about it, so you'll get marks for it, and it's not like he's going to take marks away from you for it. :)

Thnks :) still little worried just wish I had picked an easier document to do rather then global warming...too late now:P

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Our teacher has told us that, in general, the oral is like stretching an elastic band. They'll start off on the easy stuff, build it up and keep going. They want to give you marks. If you're really struggling with a question answer it to the best of your ability but the examiner won't keep pushing on it. It's a test about your vocabulary and you're communication, you don't actually have to solve global warming. And it sounds like a really unique document, don't back down :) Keep at it and you'll do fine there's still lots of time left

• Advertisement

wayhey wrote: »
    Our teacher has told us that, in general, the oral is like stretching an elastic band. They'll start off on the easy stuff, build it up and keep going. They want to give you marks. If you're really struggling with a question answer it to the best of your ability but the examiner won't keep pushing on it. It's a test about your vocabulary and you're communication, you don't actually have to solve global warming. And it sounds like a really unique document, don't back down :) Keep at it and you'll do fine there's still lots of time left

yah my teacher was really impressed with it! :)
    i even have all the nuclear disaster covered in japan ect.....its just some of the words are a bit tricky to say! but im going to see how it goes with my mock oral with my teacher, see if i should bring it in!:)
    a wk monday is the real thing i am SO NERVOUS :p
    thanks though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Definitely it's a brilliant idea to have a document, and yours sounds really good!
    It's a fact that those who bring a document do better than those who don't. It's a whole 5 minutes where you get to spout off stuff you've learned off by heart.
    My teacher is a supervising examiner for the orals, and she thinks the documents are the best thing to bring your marks up, especially for students who might be a bit weaker.

Good luck!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

You can prepare an infinite amount of topics for your oral and never be guaranteed they will come up. With the document you will be guaranteed to be questioned on material you have prepared. Unless you're an exceptionally strong student I would advise to bring in the document.

thanks everyone...i feel so much more confident bringing in my document now:) fingers crossed it will all go well next week :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Anyone know if it's okay to bring in a book or do I have to bring in a picture of the book? It's Oscar Et La Dame Rose by Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt. Very enjoyable to read, I was able to understand the majority of it.

• Advertisement

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Anyone know if it's okay to bring in a book or do I have to bring in a picture of the book? It's Oscar Et La Dame Rose by Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt. Very enjoyable to read, I was able to understand the majority of it.

im nearly sure your able to bring it in...but dont take my word for it tho :/

No I don't think you're allowed to bring a book in, actually..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

My teacher is an oral examiner and she said that students always do well with a document and its a really good thing to have. Good luck :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 kate747

I was thinking of bringing a picture of my favourite movie as a document. What do you guys think? Is it a good idea? I would talk about the storyline, why I like it, the director, and my favourite actor which is in the movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭xxpopopxx

kate747 wrote: »
    I was thinking of bringing a picture of my favourite movie as a document. What do you guys think? Is it a good idea? I would talk about the storyline, why I like it, the director, and my favourite actor which is in the movie?

Sounds good , but just really remeber the document must have absolutely NO ENGLISH what so ever on , it must be french!!!!! So If it has english on it i'd re-think using another one.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 kate747

xxpopopxx wrote: »
    Sounds good , but just really remeber the document must have absolutely NO ENGLISH what so ever on , it must be french!!!!! So If it has english on it i'd re-think using another one.....

so even the title of the film has to be in french? and what happens if there is english on my document? will the examiner not accept it?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭xxpopopxx

kate747 wrote: »
    so even the title of the film has to be in french? and what happens if there is english on my document? will the examiner not accept it?

It says in my oral book, and my teacher said aswell, that the document should have absolutely no english on it so if I was you just to make sure you should ask your teacher first before, justin case , better safe than risking your leaving cert.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

xxpopopxx wrote: »
    risking your leaving cert.....

enquire with your teacher & I doubt the whole leaving cert is on the line.:rolleyes:

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Hey your definatly aloud bring in a book with you if its in french...that's what our examiner said to us today!just thought let you know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 He looks like that fella Harvey Keitel

The logic behind the Document is really just to keep the standard of conversation from rising too high. The longer you're in there the more challenging questions you'll get, when you have the document it'll break things up nicely and kill a good two minutes. I'm just bringing in a birthday picture, there's nothing really they can ask me on it other than the stuff I've prepared like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

I'm so annoyed
    did my oral today and was doing so well and was so confident and when she asked about the documment I got really nervous and couldnt remember a thing. Really regret bringing it in and I dont know why I got so nervous! :(
    I'd say I was at an A1 until the documment. She only spent like 30 seconds with me on it so hopefully she didnt put me down that much!
    Really annoyed thought because I knew sooooooo much more than I said.. :(

I'm so annoyed
    did my oral today and was doing so well and was so confident and when she asked about the documment I got really nervous and couldnt remember a thing. Really regret bringing it in and I dont know why I got so nervous! :(
    I'd say I was at an A1 until the documment. She only spent like 30 seconds with me on it so hopefully she didnt put me down that much!
    Really annoyed thought because I knew sooooooo much more than I said.. :(

i have to agree with the document tbh :/
    like i knew everything and was well able to say everything about it...but our examiner asked qst in a really hard way that i didnt understand a word of what she was asking me :/
    i ended up just saying everything i learned off about my document in the end :p
    least its all over with now :D

Advertisement