Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Sportives

• 24-03-2011 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Only recently took up cycling so think Sportives are a good way in reaching a goal. Only can manage up to around 50km at the moment so be looking to do a 100km one in a few months.

Can anyone tell me what way a sportif is treated different then a race. I guess there is the flat out racers in it but also people on the other end of the scale.

Whats the story with rest stops? many along the routes? i be needing the,

Anyone who took part in sportives, just throw a comment below of your experience would be appreciated and any advice.

Thanks all..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

You just go around at your own pace. You can go as slow as you want. Cycle on your own or join a bunch.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

A sportive, at least in Ireland, is in no way a race. Yeah you'll get some guys trying to out do eachother, but for the most part it's people simply getting around. Staggered starts, rest stops etc make any kind of racing redundant.

Advertisement