Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IYO Is The Hisllsborough Disaster......

• 24-03-2011 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

a good topic for my history project??

IYO = In Your Opinion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Tell us your justification for it being a history project? It's certainly an unusual one in my opinion. Most essays I've heard about have had a 'direct' link into historical events, i.e World War Two, Cold War etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

It's a perfectly valid topic to pick. The best topic to pick is one you have a genuine interest in :). (As long as it occurred pre 1992 for World History, or pre 1993 for Irish history).

If you need any more help on this, there's a good guide to doing your RSR here: http://www.scoilnet.ie/hist/article_topic.aspx?id=2138&nav=false

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

It could be a good topic, but as its sports related and has no relevnce to anything in the curriculum it could be wiser to do something that will benefit you in exams etc as you will then have a more indepth knowledge of a particular topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭JohnSmith17

thanks for the response's lads!!

It is important to history because it changed the way football stadium's were designed and brought in rules and regulations about safety.

( would that be an alright reason, There is more but that's the main one ha )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

thanks for the response's lads!!

It is important to history because it changed the way football stadium's were designed and brought in rules and regulations about safety.

( would that be an alright reason, There is more but that's the min one ha )

Have you asked your teacher about it?

• Advertisement

Have you asked your teacher about it?
    Yes, he said im able to do it on hillsborough as it was in 1989 but he would not be able to help me as much as he doesn't know much about the event. ( this was today by-the-way )

has anyone on the forum done The Hillsborough Diasater before?? ( For abit of help )

Please PM if you have thanks......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Some resources that may assist you.

http://www.hfsg.co.uk/

and look up a documentary by Jimmy Mcgovern called Hillsborough.

A word of warning though. You may get angry about the lack of justice and the whitewash that occured.

Note my motto and sig....:mad:

Some resources that may assist you.

http://www.hfsg.co.uk/

and look up a documentary by Jimmy Mcgovern called Hillsborough.

A word of warning though. You may get angry about the lack of justice and the whitewash that occured.

Note my motto and sig....:mad:
    thanks...

Advertisement