Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing rear I/O panel on a HP P6216uk case?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ger101

Skerries wrote: »
    skillsaw.jpg

GodDAMN that was a big help!

Seriously though, after three hours (Shut up!), I managed to get the thing off. Remind me never to buy a HP PC again. What a load of crap. It shouldn't have been that hard to get the panel off.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Skerries wrote: »
    skillsaw.jpg

Very helpful contribution that :rolleyes::p

Yup, you just try to put pressure inwards on the tiny flaps and hope one side pops out, can be a pain removing the IO shield on most cases but HP takes the Darwinian biscuit :o:p

Solitaire wrote: »
    Yup, you just try to put pressure inwards on the tiny flaps and hope one side pops out, can be a pain removing the IO shield on most cases but HP takes the Darwinian biscuit :o:p
    You can say that again! That was the most frustrating thing ever!

Anyway, I have another problem. The power light and HDD light won't come on. There's a bunch of coloured wires which, I assume, go into F_Panel on the motherboard.

Here's a pic of the wires:

http://img191.imageshack.us/i/img2584o.jpg/

What did I do wrong? Is there a specific way to put them in or something?

EDIT: Well that problem's fixed and it's all thanks to this pic:

http://attachments.techguy.org/attachments/119549d1194733619/intel-front-panel-pinout.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Try putting the LED connections in the other way around and they will work.
    It's a polarity thing so, for the Power LED, swap the green and white around.
    Do same for the HD LED one.

• Advertisement

Moon54 wrote: »
    Try putting the LED connections in the other way around and they will work.
    It's a polarity thing so, for the Power LED, swap the green and white around.
    Do same for the HD LED one.
    Yeah, I did it while looking at the diagram that I posted above. Thanks anyway, though!

Advertisement