Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: 7 speed shifter / brake lever for MTB

Options
  • 24-03-2011 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Greetings all. Looking for a 7 speed shifter and brake lever for my MTB. Keen to start cycling to the train again, and there's no way I'm leaving my road bike at the station so I'd better get the MTB back on the road.

The current shifters are Shimano and the brake lever is Shimano V brake ststem. Seven speed. I only need the right hand shifter, for the rear dereaileur. Has anyone got something I could use ona bike lying in a shed somewhere? Can collect in Dublin, Meath or Louth. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭jeffwode

Bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Schnell

I've got one, it doesn't have a cover because I lost the screws at some point and then the cover went. It's a 7 speed sti shifter though, for a fiver.

Sounds good to me, Schnell. Any chance of a pic? I just want to see if I can swap in the cover from the old one. DM sent in case you want to MMS a phone pic. Where are you based, btw?

Bump. Anyone interested in getting a few quid for one of the shifters you have in the shed? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

think i have some grip shift ones, will let you know tomorrow. oh and the brake lever as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

i have a grip shift and a bikehut(halfords) brake leaver for ya €10?

Karma, thanks for digging out the grip shift and lever, and apologies for taking so long to get back to you. Unfortunately, I hate grip shifters. Also, if I used them, I'd need to get new cables etc, so I'll have to pass. But thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

I have a set of silver Shimano Alivio ST-EF50 combined brake/shifters available. They're mounted on light straight handlebars with nice light 4-bolt 110mm 1-1/8" ITM stem. Whole lot only a few months old but am upgrading to drop bars with STI shifters. Looking for €40 for the lot. Complete with all cables.

Advertisement