Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grados

• 24-03-2011 1:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭

Any boardies own a pair of these? :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

http://www.alessandro-products.com/headphones.html

I've the Ms1i. I think other people on here have true grados but they're very expensive outside the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Aye! Thinking of getting the SR80s. Round 120 quid :|
    What're the pair you own like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I've read it's meant to be very similar to the 80/125 except a little more refined, but since I've never heard both so I can't honestly say with 100% certainty. I'll still have that nagging feeling to buy or try a true grado but since they're almost prohibitively pricey I feel I've done good with these, especially at 110 dollars shipped anywhere in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Have got SR225s, if you love rock and sharp, in your face sound(as in you're on the stage with the band instead of being in the audience), Grados are for you.

Don't go higher than 225s though, unless you have a very good and powerful amp.

Ah i shall have to look into them cause rock is my thing!
    Ah i wasn't planning on to be honest, was thinking the 60's or 80's but now that you mention it the 225's seem good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

marko93 wrote: »
    Ah i shall have to look into them cause rock is my thing!
    Ah i wasn't planning on to be honest, was thinking the 60's or 80's but now that you mention it the 225's seem good

If you are thinking SR60/SR80 budget, I'd recommend Koss Porta Pros(or their successor, not sure what it is), you'll be blown away how amazing these sound and they look totally flimsy(yet are very durable), you'll never think they'll sound so good when you look at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

CyberGhost wrote: »
    If you are thinking SR60/SR80 budget, I'd recommend Koss Porta Pros(or their successor, not sure what it is), you'll be blown away how amazing these sound and they look totally flimsy(yet are very durable), you'll never think they'll sound so good when you look at them.

Utterly agree. I have a pair of Portapro's and for the money they are absolutely incredible. No wonder the design hasn't changed one bit since they were launched in 1984!

Have two pairs of portapros :D I love them, just looking for another sound :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

I'm new to the forum by the way so hello.

I have SR225i's at the moment powered by a little dot I+ with WE408A tubes. SR225i - bright and overall nicely balanced. I don't find a huge difference between the SR225i powered by the little dot vs. the iPod at all though - maybe my ears just aren't trained enough?

I also have Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros - 80ohm. Need the volume on the iPod up to the max for these and they still sound good and they can be fully powered with my Little dot, again I don't notice much difference except it can make them louder. DT770's are capable of deep deep bass but I'm still trying to find some good music to really take advantage of that - you would think drum and bass or normal dance music would provide this but few go so deep. Some tracks can sound muddled because of the bass aswell - I think this might be something do to with compression but I'm not sure I understand compression properly.

I'd love to find out if there's any meetups in the Galway area etc. for people to try others gear? Alot of people from the head-fi.org forum seem to do this.

Advertisement