Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Parting Ways' - short film

Options
  • 24-03-2011 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

Little short film me and some friends did as an equipment test and to give the actors something for their showreels.
    Parting Ways.

Let me know what you think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 gpdv

Looks like short part from a full feature film. Nice music, good acting professional-like. Maybe you should make few other shorts about the same story with same actors and put them together into longer film? Interesting what happens next to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭andyterryjay

what equipment were you using for sound ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

what equipment were you using for sound ?

A rode NTG3 microphone (on a boom) and recording onto a Zoom H4n recording device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭andyterryjay

cool thanks :)

I'm just researching audio equipment, but its all so damn expensive. i have a H2 (which has no XLR input) but the boom mic and pole cost so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Well if you are on a budget I'd recomend the H4n recorder. You'll get one at about €250. It's amazing for the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Nice short.

Partick is always great at his job.

Just out of curiousity does the GHI have auto-focus when shooting video?

Quality looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I know it was really just an acting exercise/equipment test and it works as that. Looks well - good acting, could have done with some wider shots though - spends too much time right up in their faces for me.

The script is film school 101 though.

Ending
    As soon as they started talking I knew a pregnancy would be revealed in the end

Advertisement