Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

panic button.

Options
  • 24-03-2011 3:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi Lads,

I have a hkc securewatch 8 zone alarm.

I was just wondering if someone could tell me what the panic button is wired into in the main panel.

Is it wired directly into its own zone with the tamper?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

shay23b wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

I have a hkc securewatch 8 zone alarm.

I was just wondering if someone could tell me what the panic button is wired into in the main panel.

Is it wired directly into its own zone with the tamper?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers.

The panic button can be on any zone not that's unused or a 24 zone. Whether the alarm is in arm mode or not, once pressed the panic button can be setup to contact the monitoring station silently or not.

If you have a free zone on your panel and have engineer access to the alarm, you can add a panic button yourself. Basically you wire your panic button with a 4 core cable (2 for a zone circuit and 2 for tamper) to the panel, then login to engineer menu, go to zones and configure the zone as a panic..

If you have monitoring the guards will respond to all panic duress activation s.

Hope this answers your question.

Edit: although the panic is 24 hour, tamper is required for monitoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    The panic button can be on any zone not that's unused or a 24 zone. Whether the alarm is in arm mode or not, once pressed the panic button can be setup to contact the monitoring station silently or not.

If you have a free zone on your panel and have engineer access to the alarm, you can add a panic button yourself. Basically you wire your panic button with a 4 core cable (2 for a zone circuit and 2 for tamper) to the panel, then login to engineer menu, go to zones and configure the zone as a panic..

If you have monitoring the guards will respond to all panic duress activation s.

Hope this answers your question.

Edit: although the panic is 24 hour, tamper is required for monitoring.

A self installed alarm can not be put through to a monitoring station. It can only be self monitored.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

altor wrote: »
    A self installed alarm can not be put through to a monitoring station. It can only be self monitored.

Should he wish it to be serviced to en50131 and have it monitored in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Should he wish it to be serviced to en50131 and have it monitored in the future.

If he gets an installer to certify the alarm to EN50131 then it can be put through to a monitoring station.

Advertisement