Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! Schools in Killiney, 5 year old starting in September.

Options
  • 24-03-2011 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I'm a single mum of a sweet 5 year old girl. We just moved to Killiney and I'm panicked that I won't get her into a good school by September. Which schools should I apply to and do you have any tips on how to get her in? We live up from Killiney dart station, near the bookies. We are multi lingual French, English and German but really I'm just looking for a good school.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

opposite tesco in Ballybrack (forget the name)
    Johnstown National School on Churchview Rad, further up from Tesco
    Dalkey School Project in Glenageary

would be three close ones I'm familiar with, definitly another in Dalkey somewhere. Google them to find out the contact info
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

The one opposite from Tescos is Colmcilles, AFAIK.

You also have St Johns which is up the road from you. It is at the junction of Church Road and Wyattvile dual carriageway.

There is also the school up from Shnakil Church, Rathmichaels.

Is the bookies the one in Ballybrack Village?
    If so, then I think St. Johns would be your local school and I think they would have to give you a place as you're in the catchment area, but maybe someone else can clarify.

There is also an Irish school just a few minutes walk from there in Sheelin Drive. It's called Scoil Phadraig and it certainly used to be easy enough to get into but not sure what it is like nowadays.

You are likely to find it very difficult at this stage to get your daughter into a child outside of your catchment area, eg. Dalkey School Project, Johnstown but they are the two best non fee paying schools in the area so it would be worth contacting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

You have no problem getting into St John's this yeaar. The admission policy is usually done by siblings in the school, catchment area then next in line. Not too sure how exactly it goes.

But I do know for definite that they are accepting all students for next september.

Johnstown have already sent out their letters of acceptance, since Febraury, so it might be hard to get your Daughter in now. No harm in ringing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

Also worth checking:
    http://www.gkns.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

There is also an Irish school just a few minutes walk from there in Sheelin Drive. It's called Scoil Phadraig and it certainly used to be easy enough to get into but not sure what it is like nowadays.

My daughter went here and had a great experience, I can't praise it high enough, she got a great education here. It's also only 5 minutes walk for you to this school

21/25

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

The Holy Child, not far from the DART station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

My Daughter is at St Patrick's in Harbour Road, Dalkey. there are several families around your area that go there. There is also the School by Fitzpatrick's hotel, that is meant to be quite good as well.

Gridlock wrote: »
    The Holy Child, not far from the DART station.

I was just there last night for their open evening!
    They don't have a junior school any more, only secondary.

Advertisement