Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information needed on cub Scouts in Greystones

Options
  • 24-03-2011 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hello,

I was looking for information on the scouts in Greystones. My son is 5 and will be 6 in January. I heard there are 1 to 2 year waiting lists and even trying to get in contact with anyone is very difficult to get your name on the list. I also heard there are 3 different scout groups in Greystones so how do you know which one to go for? any advice or help would be great thanks.;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

You would need to call up when the scout group your are interested in is on and talk to the people running it..I know the people running one of the cubs/scout groups but I don't think it would be appropriate to give out phone numbers even in a pm....my daughter was in the mixed scout group and in the venture scouts and she loved it...There are waiting lists...it might help if you if offered to be a leader and get involved after all thats why there are waiting lists because they have to have leaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Thanks for the info. Won't be able to help as have young baby and another on the way, would love to be won't have free time. Will try and get some numbers and see what I can do. Seems like a very secretive society, don't make it easy to join!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Selandia

There are two scout dens in Greystones, and both have meetings for all the age groups going on most evenings. One is next door to the entrance to ST Patricks School on Church Rd, and the other is on Trafalgar Rd opposite the old La Touché Hotel. Your son would be in the Beaver Scout age range and it would be worth putting his name on the waiting lists anyway even if they're long. The Sea Scout group operate from the Church Rd group if that interests you though he wouldn't be doing water activities till he's older. Being involved in Scouts and Guides was a truly formative and memorable experience for me growing up, and many years later for my own children. So call in to both dens and make your choice depending on the welcome you get.....

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Beaver scouts is on Thurs evening starting at 6.30 - 7.45 opposite La Touche
    Call in and put their name down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

scouts.ie will probably have some contact details also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement