Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky and moving

• 24-03-2011 10:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Got Sky 2 months ago, and now it seems that im moving to a flat where Sky cant be installed due restrictions.

What are my options, is it possible to cancel, or im i liable to pay the full 12mth contract?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Dont rule out not being able to have your Sky re-installed at your new place, just because you've been told you cant.
    Have a survey done, or have a good look around yourself, you'd be surprised where its possible to mount a dish discreetly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭biffontour

Would it be possible to put up a T and K bracket and pole the the Rear out of sight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

They'll let you cancel no problem. They will of course fine you for the pleasure though, lol. :P

Question is, how much the fine will be. If you could get some proof about this restriction in your new place, it might help dampen some of the pain.

Otherwise, you have 2 options I guess.
    Downgrade to the cheapest package, leave the kit in storage somewheres and keep paying.
    Get a mate/family member to take the kit off your hands, use it and pay you the sub, which in turn will still be coming out of your bank account I imagine.

Not entirely sure how kosher the latter option may be though :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I saw that in the latest issue of their magazine they are now not charging for moving - so if you let them know they could set you up in your new place for free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

i recently moved and got upgraded from standard box to hd+ and new dish and set up at no cost,they were just thankful i was staying with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

hehe, I don't believe it's a matter of how to use the sky moving services here folks, the op is asking about how to scrap sky altogether, inside the 12 month contract, since his new place apparently has some restriction against it.

Probably some existing UPC setup perhaps?

Advertisement