Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proffs

Options
  • 24-03-2011 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Just wondering what everyones opinion is on the 2 best proffs in the game.

JC/Enchant? BS/JC? Alch/JC?

I have a 525BS and honestly dont find it usefull at all. I havnt got back into raiding yet im just leveling alts atm and I wudnt even consider myself of having a main as i have 4 level 85s and play them all as much. I have leveled most proffs to max but I see some people have enchnt/JC and it seems like they make alot of money out of it.

Any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

eyfm5 wrote: »
    Just wondering what everyones opinion is on the 2 best proffs in the game.

JC/Enchant? BS/JC? Alch/JC?

I have a 525BS and honestly dont find it usefull at all. I havnt got back into raiding yet im just leveling alts atm and I wudnt even consider myself of having a main as i have 4 level 85s and play them all as much. I have leveled most proffs to max but I see some people have enchnt/JC and it seems like they make alot of money out of it.

Any opinions?

JC / Enchanting
    JC / Inscription
    JC / Alchemy

Or different rehashes of the above. I'd advise JC being one of them though. And youll pull money in pretty fast.

I'm back making big money with inscription again.

I would STRONGLY advise against taking up a herbing,mining or skinning at endgame.
    The time you waste mining could be better spent shifting AH materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eyfm5

it would seem to me that JC/enchant would be very expensive if you had to buy all the mats. if i was to go down the JC/alchemy route wud u recommend taking herb/minning and farming the mats first? or using an alt.

i wud always think that having an 85 with 2 of herb/minning/skinning is worth it for farming purposes. im considering dropping tailoring on my priest aswel, maybe for alch/enchat.

getting the right combinations is what i find tricky. jc/bs for a pala tank is obvious, but for the likes of a hunter it doesnt seem worth it to go something like ench/LW doesnt seem worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

It really depends on what you want the enchants for and what you do in the game. Certain combination's make a lot of gold but all professions will make you gold either way if you are smart enough or dedicated enough.

I wouldn't personally look past Engineering on my main for PVE purposes, a heroic equiv helm and some brilliant enhancements make it money well spent. My mains professions are geared towards raiding so in that respect Engineering and Alchemy would be the best all round, role specific professions for min maxing also exist e.g. Tailoring for a caster gives great min/max returns. How you boost your professions is up to you and your budget, I AH my way as best I can. If I levelled Enchanting and found some mats to be expensive I would run level appropriate dungeons. I think I leveled through one sticky patch by farming Strat / Scholo for an hour. If cash is a problem then gathering professions on an alt are your only real option.

If you are the kind of person who likes farming, herbing and skinning is a match made in heaven and will give you some decent returns. That goes against the principles of people who play the AH (like TheDoc) as time == money and the two hours you spend farming you could make the same amount of money by smartly using your professions or simple buy low sell high flipping.

TLDR: Professions are entirely down to your own playstyle and what you want from the game. PVE & Gold Making professions can align and can be expensive to level depending on the combination and how you go about it.

Advertisement