Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ULSU 2011 Election Exit Poll

Options
  • 24-03-2011 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Does what it says on the tin folks. If you wish to indicate your voting perferences on this thread, I'm syre some of the more worried mods and bods will oblige us by counting them up...:D

I no longer have a vote just so we're clear!

Eamo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

Does what it says on the tin folks. For those of you interested in polling, post your electoral selections here and I'm sure our good moderator or the candidates themselves will oblige us by keeping a running tally.

Eamo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

President
    Keith Young - 1 - Lives in my building so I thought I should vote for him
    Enda Gallery - 2 - Spoke before a lecture and was impressed
    Derek Daly - 3 - Seems like an excellent candidate but never met him

Welfare
    Tara Feeny - 1 - Wasn't overly impressed with her pedobear or youtube video but gave me a flyer
    Eamonn Boland - 2 - Seems like a legit candidate but used text speak in his manifesto blurb on the website
    Thomas Cranely - 3 - Seemed to chuckle when mentioning the word condom so bottom of the list for me

Education
    Aoife Kenny - 1 - Very Attractive
    Barry Kennedy - 2 - Seems like a nice guy but not my type

Commuinications
    Kelly O'Brien - 1 - I liked how she highlighted the importance of well edited print.
    Keith O Neill - 2

CSO
    Paddy Rocket - 1 - Friend told me to vote for him.
    Alan 'Belly' O Sullivan - 2

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭canned_ulkc

President
    Keith Young - 1 - Got it across very well last night that his approach is more about directly talking to people about their issues

Welfare
    Thomas Cranely - 1 - Just felt he was the strongest candidate with the degree of maturity that people need when they are discussing personal delicate issues (the condom thing seemed a running joke throughout the hustings)

Education
    Aoife Kenny - 1 - From talking to Aoife, I was very impressed with her advice on a particular issue and her line of inquiry to attempt to understand the issue. Also her understanding of the structure.

Commuinications
    Keith O Neill - 1 - A man with interesting, helpful plans and deep thought into how to acheive them. I felt Keith may have presented himself possibly as against the idea of college radio, but from discussing this with him afterward my understanding is that he would support any move to create a radio station and I think he agreed that perhaps the best direction for this to happen is through clubs & societies

CSO
    Paddy Rocket - 1 - I had preconceived (negative) ideas about Paddy; completely unjustified given I don't think I had ever even said hello to the man before last night. At the hustings I found him to be articulate, passionate and considerate

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

You could try and put a poll up it would make it easier to keep a tally

Mod q: why were posts deleted? I'm sure there's a sound reason for it but I can't see any difference in saying who you did vote for vs prior to the vote stating who you intend voting for....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

this thread is a duplicate of another one that are no posts deleted afaik the other thread is still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

this thread is a duplicate of another one that are no posts deleted afaik the other thread is still there.

That's precisely it. I've combined the two for later-reading convenience. Actually, I was pretty pleased from a mod perspective that contributors took the time to include why they voted a particular way - it gave the thread a lot more worth than just a list, cheers for that folks.

Despite the request early in the thread, there was no way on earth (at least in this universe:)) that I was going to keep a manual running tally of what people had voted if there was a long series of posts. That would be plain nuts.

Yup - cheers for that!

Advertisement