Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

57767 texts and charged

Options
  • 24-03-2011 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

I am with emobile for a second mobile phone I have. I use it for contacting my kids when they need collecting from activities etc. My son had the phone last week and as it was a new account I forgot to disable the internet. Any way he had a little browse on utube at some band, all innocent. But afterwards I noticed a stream of texts coming into phone asking to if I wanted to update something. I noticed when I viewed my call history that I have been charges €1.60 for each text. I called emobile and was instructed to text STOP to 57767. The texts have stopped but I now have a bill of €20. My son did not subscribe to anything and it so how and why has it happened. How did 57767 get my phone number. Obviously emobile have shared my details unknown to me. What come back do I have? Should I involve Com Reg?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

go to
    www.phonesmart.ie
    and find out the company and make a complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭anamcarame

Number Check
    Short Code: 57767

Service Provider:Red Circle Technologies

Helpline:0818 300 051

Email:help@red-circle.com .

Thanks for that I am going to mail them straight away. should I also contact emobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

No contact the company first. And if they dont stop within 48hrs complain directly to comreg. Emobile will probably do nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭anamcarame

I have contact the company and also sent an email to customer service in emobile. Do you think there is much chance of getting reimbursed? Should I cancle DD until it is resolved as otherwise the full amount will be paid.

Advertisement