Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc Grade

Options
  • 24-03-2011 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

When I receive my MSc certificate will my grade be on it?

I have heard that Masters Degrees are pass and fail. I have a friend who got a Masters from Trinity recently which was pass or fail. i.e. his grade was of no real importance. Conversely, I have another mate who told me he got a first in his Masters.

I have done a little bit of searching online but I'm still not sure. I guess what I need to know is will I be asked in a job interview what I got in my Masters?

In the future, will it be similar to an undergraduate degree. i.e. anything less than a 2.1 in your MSC, don't bother applying?

Maybe it varies from institution to institution, but if that is the case, then surely anyone who was not confident of getting a first would take this into consideration when choosing their program.

Does anyone have the facts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Gae

I believe all taught masters programmes (or the vast majority of them) in UCD have overall GPAs which will be printed on the transcripts. As far as I know, these are not printed on the actual degree parchment. The practice Trinity have of not classing (some of) their taught masters courses is pretty unique to them. As to the question about job interviews and such - it depends entirely on the programme, the employer, the industry etc., how much weight they give your results.

Advertisement