Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question About Memory

• 24-03-2011 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

OK, so I have a standard XBox360 Arcade Unit and I'd like to add some memory to it. Obviously it just has the built in 258MB but I was looking for an inexpensive method to store game demo's and add ons - any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Fairly sure you could use an external hard drive on it to a maixmum of 16gig. So if you had a hard drive knocking around it could be done that way.

I'm open to correction on this though.

I have a HD plugged into mine most days and when selecting storage device the xbox hd shows up aswell as the external.

Is it an old model xbox? with the big hard drive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

You can use a 16GB USB stick if you've got the latest update, that would probably be the cheapest method. Or you could get one of the old 20GB drives new for about €30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Got my new Xbox360S on Tuesday, and as someone here corrected me last week, my 500GB hard drive was fully recognised, as 500gb.

However I'm using this for media storage to watch movies etc, not for game files.

I'd say pickup a 60GB Hard drive, cheap as chips and plenty of storage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

TheDoc wrote: »
    Got my new Xbox360S on Tuesday, and as someone here corrected me last week, my 500GB hard drive was fully recognised, as 500gb.

However I'm using this for media storage to watch movies etc, not for game files.

I'd say pickup a 60GB Hard drive, cheap as chips and plenty of storage.

Is that external? Does xbox recognises all of the silly formats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

As far as I know it only recognizes FAT32 formats.(What most externals are set up as)

Also you can set up your usb as a place to save games and the like, but you have to format it to xbox's format. Not sure on what the max capacity is on that though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

As far as I know it only recognizes FAT32 formats.(What most externals are set up as)

Also you can set up your usb as a place to save games and the like, but you have to format it to xbox's format. Not sure on what the max capacity is on that though

16GB of usable storage for Xbox 360 data per device.

So no matter how big your HDD / USB key is, the XBox 360 will only let you use 16GB for Save Data / Gamertags / DLC etc.

The device will show up as xxxGB though!

Also you can only use up to 2 devices for Xbox 360 data storage. Even though there are more USB ports on the new 250GB and 4GB consoles.

SO 32GB MAX!

SFTHM --> http://www.xbox.com/en-US/storage

Advertisement