Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling Irish Based Sighthound Owners!

• 24-03-2011 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

Whippet Rescue Ireland has recently set up a forum where they hope Irish based owners of pet sighthounds will gather to chat about their dogs and come together to try to help promote these wonderful dogs as pets. It is hoped to organise to meet up for a 'sighthound stroll'

So anyone with a pet sighthound or just a love of sighthounds in general, please take the time to pop over, join up and introduce yourself:D

www.whippetrescueire.proboards.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

A 'Sighthound Stroll' has been organised for owners of sighthounds to get together to walk our dogs and natter about our shared love of sighthounds! This first walk is taking place in Dublin on 16th April 2011. For further information, please join our forum and register your interest and we will be in touch with the details. http://whippetrescueire.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=chat&action=display&thread=77

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

Great idea! Any chance there will be one held in Waterford/Cork in the future? :)

Hi Babystrawberry. The majority of the people so far who have joined up seem to be Dublin based but we are hoping that more people will join up from other parts of the country. There is actually someone on the forum though who was wondering if there was anyone from Cork who might like to meet her and her dogs for a walk, so maybe you could join and introduce yourself? I'm hoping to have a sighthound owner from every county in Ireland represented soon enough:D

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

Hi, lovely idea. I will spread the word around my houndie friends.

Please do Inexile:) We hope if there is enough interest to make this a regular event

• Advertisement

Due to the success of our inaugural walk, the next Sighthound Stroll has been organised for Saturday 21st May in the Dublin area. Anyone interested in coming along with their sighthound; anyone who is thinking of adopting a sighthound who would like to meet some; or any rescues who would like to bring a couple of sighthounds needing homes, please join our forum www.whippetrescueire.proboards.com or email me at janeb.wri@gmail.com for further information.

Photos of last month's stroll can be found here: http://whippetrescueire.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=chat&action=display&thread=199 You need to register to view these photos

Whippet Rescue Ireland's next Sighthound Stroll is taking place on 26/06/11 at Kilmashogue Forest, Dublin Mountains as part of the Great British Greyhound Walk. Anyone interested in attending with their sighthound should register with me at janeb.wri@gmail.com

www.whippetrescueireland.com

Advertisement